Skip to content

USMC balanced

notlaeffynotlaeffy Member Posts: 1 Civilian

About the marines when they will be in the game are they gonna get the M1A1 Abrams I heard that the marines are getting both M27 IAR and M16A4 from 2003s equipment and 2021s equipment and they are getting javelin rockets so will it make it balanced if this faction gets their tanks to make a fair fight against a other faction tank?

Comments

• EcchiRevengeEcchiRevenge Member Posts: 90 ★★
    edited May 22

M1A2 is already op so it should be nerfed, M1A1 isn't going to be much different(basically copy/paste because T-72S and T-72B3 is the same way, and M1A1 was made by ausmod). Because OWI doesn't have the ability to make commander seat open hatch to use machinegun(and being forced to sit on M2 makes commander exposed and unable to designate target...etc.), you're going to get a magical remote-controlled machinegun just like on M1A2. Verdict: op.

M16-> L85 damage/recoil/velocity/accuracy, m4 rate of fire -> op. M27 - that but in fullauto, probably even less recoil, op.

Javelin -> topdown attack, double damage bug oneshot tanks/everything else if it hits top of turret/turret can be damaged(which vast majority of vehicles it faces will be) -> op.

OWI isn't going to make blufor underpowered, you should be more worried about how playing as usmc gets you labelled as unskilled player instead.

inb4ban/censor

• GeebusGeebus Member Posts: 55 ★★

Because OWI doesn't have the ability to make commander seat open hatch to use machinegun(and being forced to sit on M2 makes commander exposed and unable to designate target...etc.), you're going to get a magical remote-controlled machinegun just like on M1A2. Verdict: op.

What? The commander's .50 has always been able to be remote controlled since the first model M1 in the early 80's. It isn't like it's going to be "magically controlled". It just won't be a CROWS like on the the more upgraded A2's. I don't see how the it having a roof mounted HMG is making it OP in any regard.

M16-> L85 damage/recoil/velocity/accuracy, m4 rate of fire -> op.

A more accurate comparison would probably the C7A2 from the Canadian forces and I wouldn't classify that rifle as being OP. I honestly wouldn't classify any rifle in this game as overpowered. There are certainly guns that are better but them being better makes next to no impact on how the game plays.

edited May 26

I forgot it just can't be fired with commander outside rather than inside and have to be loaded from the outside. Either way, it's going to be overpowered because it will probably be given stabilization instead of having hand cranked(lol) elevation(as currently that's the only way for commander to pull gunner's view). And loading probably won't make commander go outside because as usual owi doesn't have that open-hatch mechanic(didn't give it to the abomination that is T-72B3 either - as they couldn't decide whether to let commander have control of cupola or mg).

A roof mounted HMG on blufor tank is inherently OP because the vehicles it faces are much more vulnerable. BTR(let alone MT-LB) and BMP-2 can both by penetrated much more easily(easily and possible vs. unlikely and impossible of Stryker and Bradley - which is immune from all angles) frontally with HMG. This is also partly due to the fact that RUS doesn't have BMP-3; but it's probably even worse than BMP-2 overall due to it having gun-launched missile.

In conclusion, .50cal CWS is basically a mini-stryker on top of the tank able to kill enemy's IFV(at least BMP-2; disregarding those blue-on-blue layers which are rare/irrelevant), meanwhile the 12.7mm on T-72B3 is only able to kill up to a stryker and only if it sits still, often it's less useful than a laser rangefinder.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if OWI gives AAVP gun stabilization.

C7A2 actually is overpowered; it was nerfed maybe once where as before it had M4A1's recoil(lowest recoiling primary rifle in game) as admitted by modder on discord. Now it has foregrip version; doesn't take a genius to guess what the recoil number is even if they hide it.

And it still is vastly superior to AK-74M due to better damage profile/rate of fire. Because afaik this game doesn't increase spread of weapons in fullauto fire past the first round, nor does it have significant horizontal recoil.

Hell, it even sounds beefier than M4 to fit its power level.

They have plenty of impact on how the game plays. Especially when AKM sights aren't even properly zerored at 100m.

If you "honestly" don't think they're op then swap their stats with AK-74M.

Honestly if you willfully ignore what a rifle that has higher accuracy, damage, better recoil, and even rate of fire can do...the only conclusion is that you favor those factions with such op weapons and want to keep abusing them.

Honestly if you willfully ignore what a rifle that has higher accuracy, damage, better recoil, and even rate of fire can do...the only conclusion is that you favor those factions with such op weapons and want to keep abusing them.

One faction having a better gun than another doesn't make any difference on the outcome of the match. This isn't a shooter where that kind of thing actually matters. If this were Battlefield or Call of Duty then I'd be right there with you but in a game like this it doesn't actually mean anything. When I win as the US it isn't because the Russians have slightly worse stats on their rifle.

"One faction having a better gun than another doesn't make any difference on the outcome of the match. This isn't a shooter where that kind of thing actually matters. If this were Battlefield or Call of Duty then I'd be right there with you but in a game like this it doesn't actually mean anything. When I win as the US it isn't because the Russians have slightly worse stats on their rifle."

Yes this is where that kind of thing actually matters, because people generally win/lose by one side running out of tickets and better guns directly contribute to other side losing more tickets even if you think it's irrelevant.

Of course you like to believe it's your skill and not better gun/optics that won the game. I don't; because your personal skill doesn't necessarily decide the game either. And just because there's a skill gap between each side that doesn't mean weapon balance isn't important in a fps game. To deny the fact that difference in weapon power(the only constant) can affect outcome of a match is simply ignorant.

And it's not "slightly" worse stats; it's significantly worse(worse in most stats that matter; no relevant stat to compensate for it); if the stat was just one point difference in damage that affects no hitzones and less than 50rpm difference, that actually wouldn't matter...but it's just not the case.

So if you don't think it matters; you deal with the worse weapons then. Don't pretend you haven't seen <10 : 0 wins.

Actually battlefield(since 4; because they had this problem in 3 where m16a3 was the most op gun right off the bat, to the point where bf4 doesn't even give you the fullauto m16 option) and cod wouldn't have this problem because guns are not locked to a faction; people are free to use all weapons(as long as they unlock them or pick up kits/weapons off the dead) so they merely gravitate toward "meta" weapons.

In conclusion, because Squad locks weapons to each side and do not allow kit-stealing, weapon balance is even more important to health of gameplay.

Sounds more like you need to focus your efforts on why your team is losing the match rather than inconsequential differences in stats between each team's weapons. You didn't lose because the enemy team had a better optic. You lost because your team wasn't able to quickly relocate from the previous objective, or failed to get FOB's in the right spots, or any other number of other things that matter a million times more. Almost all loses can be attributed to how well coordinated your team is.

When I win on RUS <10:0 that means I'm better clearly by your logic.

When I win as US I like it to not be the crutch of my entire team having overall better guns.

Stop pretending guns don't matter; again if you pretend they don't matter then you deserve to always choose the objectively inferior option.

I don't pretend that they don't matter, I know that they don't matter. If you are losing as the Russians but winning as the Americans then it isn't down to your guns being the cause. Once again, matches aren't won by whoever has the better gun. They are won by whoever has the better team. I lose just as much on the Russian team as I do on the US team. When I lose on either, I know almost exactly why. It might be because we lost a HAB at a crucial point, because the team couldn't hold an effective defense, etc., all things that are infinitely more influential on the outcome of the match. Why is it that the Canadian team doesn't win every match despite having the best rifle in the game?

You don't know. Unless you have access to OWI's internal statistics.

I win plenty on every side(except talil tank v1 MEA with T-62 vs M1 Abrams and a bunch of BMPs that can't penetrate 90% of frontal profile of Abrams; nor penetrate bradley at range with autocannons), that doesn't mean differences in weaponry do not play a role at all.

Why doesn't CAF win every game? Because the lack of skill-based matchmaking, not any built-in visible statistics that indicates player skill, means there is almost always a skill gap between teams. That hasn't stopped players from complaining about blatant imbalances(such as C7's m4a1foregrip recoil, or double M72 for LAT...etc.) and them getting slight nerf overall(because they buffed the C79 scope, sniper rifle damage - on top of having a less-unrealistic bullet trajectory, LAV tandem damage modifier, and until not too long ago - tank turret/ammorack health...etc.).

Again, that doesn't mean weaponry...etc. do not make a difference; it only means average skill gap between two sides is too extreme for it to make a difference.

Again if it doesn't make a difference to you then you should deal with inferior weapontry every, single, time. If it doesn't make a difference then swapping some numbers around would not negatively affect the game at all. So there's no reason to not do so as it costs basically no time/effort yet would make game more realistic/fun for people who care about realism and balance.