Skip to content

Battle adrenalin

vinvipervinviper Member Posts: 1 Civilian

Hi OWI team

The more I've played, the more I think the game will benefit from a "battle adrenalin" burst, regenerating shorter burst ability, depending on class and what carrying/loadout, that gives you maybe 4-7 seconds of speed above the standard running speed. So in areas of combat, you hit the adrenalin burst and can get over a wall or into a cover a little bit quicker than normal and running speeds.

I'd imagine some challenges around implementing and how quick/long it takes to regen, but what is for sure, during combat, when under fire, you arent just jogging or slowly climbing a over a wall or obstacle, so its a burst speed thing thats missing / adds to Squad possible. Thoughts?

Comments

• soraflairsoraflair Member Posts: 53 ★★
    edited May 9

That's what the Stamana bar is for, but you could just implement a system that when you are suppressed your stamana increases, slightly to compensate for this.

Also you should probably post this under suggestions:

https://forums.joinsquad.com/categories/suggestions

• PuotekPuotek Member Posts: 25 ★★

Interesting idea but seems a little unrealistic. Even though there might be some weight difference between kits and all, soldiers are rather trained to the same extent and adding stuff like that might make the game feel very "Arcady”. Squad is a tactical shooter and it should aim for rather slower paced tactical combat than quick heroic rushes, which are already quite common. Adding an additional mechanic to make them even more viable feels really out of place. It might be an interesting idea to add adrenaline as in the actual medical substance or morphine to for example lower the sway effects of pain when bleeding or low health and temporarily boost the players vision and ability to shoot back but it isn’t that much needed and it wouldn’t add that much to gameplay and might end up encouraging players to just keep on rushing and respawning after they used their morphine.

• RybecRybec CanadaMember Posts: 20 ★★

I've always held the opinion that people are wrong in considering an empty stamina bar normal. Unless a squad I'm in is booking it across an unavoidable field, I rarely let my bar get completely drained. I like having steady aim and a quick run when I need it.