ePrivacy and GPDR Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent Skip to content

Please Revert Russian Optic Changes

Doctor HammerDoctor Hammer Member Posts: 23 ★★

Greetings,

The new Russian Optic blocks too much vision and is not fun to use. You find yourself having to re allocate a target way too much and are unable to see where your bullets are even going because of how large the chevrons are on your screen.

Simply just revert to how it was previously.

Thanks,

Doc

Tagged:

Comments

• XXPX1XXPX1 Member Posts: 46 ★★

I assume you're talking about the 1P78 optic featured on the rifleman and SL kit. I don't have a strong opinion in this matter, but I was curious enough to look into it and thought others would appreciate an illustration.

Here is an album comparing V2, Beta 18 and the scope's initial release.[1][2][3]

Watching that last video makes me really miss the sound effects.

• ChrisJChrisJ Member Posts: 25 ★★

I do find myself opting for the 1P63 whenever it could be slightly viable over the 1P78. The 1P78 does have the 'neon' lighting but it is something that can only be noticed in lower light levels; it isn't battery operated. What we should see during daylight is the reticle prior to V2 and lowlight should activate the 'lighting'. If we're talking about compromising for the sake of gameplay, perhaps the lighting could be scaled back? Highlight still there for better visibility of reticle but much less intrusive. I'm thinking 1P78 pre V2 but with the green highlighting. Thoughts?

• Doctor HammerDoctor Hammer Member Posts: 23 ★★

@ChrisJ The lighting isn't the issue, it's the size and shape of the newer chevron. I would prefer the darker chevron via version alpha 9, however, the green tint for me was never an issue. the most recent patch they increased the size of the reticule dramatically resulting in very tough target acquisition.

and to be clear I am talking about the 4x Russian Rifleman Optic. I don't know the exact name of the optic but i'm sure everyone here knows what I'm referring to.

• XXPX1XXPX1 Member Posts: 46 ★★
    edited May 5

Yeah, the reticule has definitely become more "bold". Watch the videos and notice the thickness of the chevron.

I just realized that my three video links were combined:

Of course, field of view and graphic settings may vary between these videos. Not a perfect comparison.

• ChrisJChrisJ Member Posts: 25 ★★

My post wasn't very concise; my apologies. I agree with you the chevron size needs reduced. Here is what I am suggesting/hoping for:

P.S. the artwork becomes far less impressive the more you scroll in; don't scroll in

• GeebusGeebus Member Posts: 67 ★★

I've always been kinda bothered that the 1p78 doesn't take up almost the whole screen when aimed. Same with the PSO-1 for the SVD (honestly just throw all magnified Russian optics in that boat for that matter) . I doubt that you'd be able to see through either very well from as far back as the sight as you are in-game. I don't know for certain, but I'd assume that both have terrible eye relief with those massive rubber eye cups. The size of the reticle probably wouldn't be as big if the eye was close enough into the sight to get proper FOV.

I've also never been a fan of how chunky the reticles are for some of the sights. I'd wonder how hard it would be to code the tritium reticle illumination being "overpowered" by the ambient light? I'd much rather have a nice crisp, black reticle that is really close to the eye. Especially since I play on lower settings and the green illuminated reticle tends to get washed out on some of the brighter maps.