ePrivacy and GPDR Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent Skip to content

Unofficial V3.0 Feedback Thread

Since there is no official one, we can start here and I have a few points.

1. Feedback: The USMC M1A1 appears to have a modelling bug, the mechanical M2 turret appears to be on top of the commander's optic instead of being on the turret itself.
  2. Suggestion: Give the M38 Marksman Rifle full auto, with the machine gunner kit getting a long-range optic and becoming the actual "long-range infantry weapon" for USMC, the marksman gun, which in real life has full auto capabilities, getting said capabilities may encourage squad play by being competent in CQC.
  3. Suggestion: The Squad leader roles for USMC seem weird, with two of the kits having iron sights. I don't know what to change here, maybe a red dot sight on SL1 or SL2.
  4. Feedback: Aussie scopes are broken, server owners already warned, let's just hope this is another alert to anyone who hasn't seen the news.
  5. Feedback: SMAW is broken to the nth degree allowing no reloads. I will not list reproduction steps here, but server owners and moderators should be warned, this was found out in little time and I guarantee will be abused to high heck.
  6. Feedback: The M4 model in the role select has a different styling to the rest of the USMC weapons. This is probably because of a change in visual design over the years but it does not look cohesive in the slightest.

Comments

• EcchiRevengeEcchiRevenge Member Posts: 456 ★★
    edited June 23

there is one and I already reported m1a1 CWS problem...etc.

M38 shouldn't have fullauto because...screw marksman.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out "weapon switching" to and from spotting rifle does not have reload animation.

• ABG MatsozetexABG Matsozetex Member Posts: 31

I know screw marksman, but it would be cool and add an extra flair to USMC - which is well needed for a second US faction.

Didn't want to say how to reproduce the bug because I know OWI is very touchy with bug reporting in public spaces, especially those with significant gameplay impacts.

• EcchiRevengeEcchiRevenge Member Posts: 456 ★★
    edited June 23

USMC already gets two M27 AR(yes, two scoped fullauto m16-like gun with 12 mags each) per squad.

The other side only gets an ironsight rpk in that slot.

Having 8x scope + low recoil + lots of ammo(well above marksman average of 20, unless you count drum mag scoped G3) is unique enough for usmc marksman - it can be another "IQ tester" just like MEA's.

Not to mention m16s(scoped rifleman gets foregrip) are probably like l85(lower recoil than AK-74, higher damage/accuracy/velocity and better scope) but shoots faster.

• thebiglezthebiglez Member Posts: 35 ★★

I kind of hoped that the Black Coast map would be the legendary Wake Island map. Its still a great map though, but please OWI make a Wake Island inspired map

7 . From the experience with maps that have conventional vs irregular and the recent change to the CAF Al-Basrah layer where CAF is defending. I am entirely convinced that on Invasion layers where conventional forces are fighting irregular forces, that TOW emplacements should be removed.

• GeebusGeebus Member Posts: 140 ★★

Not a fan of the M27 having irons for the SL. For sure needs a tweak to having an SDO.

Agree on the M38 getting full auto. Its a feature of the weapon that shouldn't be removed for gamey reasons.

Further I think that the USMC faction's kits should have a wider variety for the available weapons. Should kinda get the insurgent treatment where there are many similar weapons to chose from. Most kits should get access to both M16's and M4's with the appropriate optics (or lack there of).

Also on a more minor note, I am a little off put by the USMC M4 having a SOPMOD stock rather than the classic M4 stock. I don't think I've ever seen that in any pictures.

8 . 0 Now that we have the precedent of a tracked logistics vehicle in the game, given the Russian forces an MTLB-M tracked logistics vehicle.

9 . 0 The arming range on the Mk19 is a whopping 35m, it should be reduced to improve performance in urban environments.

• IceSwordIceSword Member Posts: 29

PC: Y7000p laptop

CPU: i7-9750h

Mem: 2666MHZ 32GB

GPU: RTX2060 6G

Performance in most battle scenarios:

FPS:50

CPU:30% utilization

GPU:50% core utilization,96% mem utilization

According to the analysis of many players' performance data:

1. it is memory bounded(2666MHZ) in current version.
    2. it is nice that temperature of CPU decrease about 5.

Tree render distance :

from 1500m(last version) to 1800m (current version)

Advice:

1. It is recommended that OWI optimize the performance based on 2666 memory which is currently the most used.
    2. Please reduce the rendering distance(1800m) which may be an important cause of memory bottleneck.

• mattwwinmattwwin Member Posts: 4 Civilian

For the Marine faction, the boot blouses need to be lower. Infantry Marines have their cammie bottoms/trousers all the way down their boot. They look ridiculous with their pants bloused at the top of their boot. Just some honest feedback from a Marine.

0311/2011-2019