ePrivacy and GPDR Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent Skip to content

M3 Bradley CFV as an alternate to the M2 Bradley IFV?

Canuck-ErrantCanuck-Errant Member Posts: 1 Civilian

Here's a suggestion - making the M3 CFV available as an alternate vehicle to the M2.

The M3 CFV is largely identical to the M2, but trades dismounts for greater ammunition capacity - which would logically make it more expensive in terms of supply and purchase.

That said, it does fall in an odd spot between the MBTs and IFVs, so it would likely require testing to see if it can find a niche in the meta if implemented - but I'm sure there's some Cav Scouts who would be happy to see their old steed ingame.

Tagged:

Comments

• GeebusGeebus Member Posts: 62 ★★

For all its worth, it almost seems like players already play the Bradley we have in-game more like the cav vehicle. Heck, I could probably count on one hand the number of times I have actually seen a Bradley carry dismounts.

• 3S_Moe3S_Moe Member Posts: 36 ★★

"The M3 CFV is largely identical to the M2, but trades dismounts for greater ammunition capacity - which would logically make it more expensive in terms of supply and purchase."

Wow, you just made me think of a funny/cool idea. I'm sure there will be haters, whatever, I'm just brainstorming here, but what if at the beginning of the game you could "purchase" the vehicles you'd like to go into battle with? HAHA, I'm sure it would be a hot mess. There is already enough going on with the SL's and Commander (if you're lucky to have one) at the beginning of the game, but the idea of it is rather funny. What if you desired only an entire fleet of logi's and nothing else, or only one logi and the rest as IFVs. HAHAHAHA.

Perhaps some fun version of this could be worked in with a true dedicated Commander position (ie. a Commander that doesn't require you to lead a squad and is actually not even a player on the map.)

• GeebusGeebus Member Posts: 62 ★★

Wow, you just made me think of a funny/cool idea. I'm sure there will be haters, whatever, I'm just brainstorming here, but what if at the beginning of the game you could "purchase" the vehicles you'd like to go into battle with? HAHA, I'm sure it would be a hot mess. There is already enough going on with the SL's and Commander (if you're lucky to have one) at the beginning of the game, but the idea of it is rather funny. What if you desired only an entire fleet of logi's and nothing else, or only one logi and the rest as IFVs. HAHAHAHA.

As far as I understand, there is something kinda along those lines in the works. Instead of purchasing your team's vehicle set, you'll be able to vote on it when you are voting on the faction/map. This will allow your team to pick between different sub-factions with their own vehicle sets.

You can find more information about this on the trello page that was created a while back. I'd give you the link, but I don't think I have enough good boy points accumulated for that yet, so you'll have to do some digging yourself. The part you should look for is Map Layer Overhaul - Phase 2. There is a slideshow that explains it.

• TheInvincibleAceTheInvincibleAce Member Posts: 4 Civilian

For this to have any gameplay effect there would need to be more broad changes made to squad's features (which I am all for to be clear). The M3 has more ammunition stored in the hull, however as is no IFVs/APCs have this modelled, only the ready ammo is loaded (except the BMP2's 3 extra konkurs).

Before we think about getting an M3 let's talk about giving these vehicles the ammo capacity they already should have, allow vehicles to rearm their ready racks, this would take a long time however still be faster than returning to main for ammunition.

For context on how much the lack of spare ammo is affecting potential endurance of vehicles, in game currently the Bradley can carry 300 rounds (mixed) of 25mm ammo, in real life, including the ready and spare ammo the M2 can carry 900 rounds of 25mm.