Improvements/Quality of Life Wishlist
Here are a few quality of life changes/improvements that I would love to see out of the game. I'd appreciate any suggestions or changes to the list that anyone can come up with, as well as any additions anybody might have.
- Change the "x player has left the squad" to be contextual. When a player disconnects from the server it should say, "x player has disconnected". When a player is kicked from the squad it should say, "x player has been kicked from the squad". For players simply leaving the squad, it should stay the same. This would help to convey a bit of information as to why somebody randomly disappears.
- Make the objective flag on the map come to the top when the cursor is over the marker. Often when a FOB is placed on an objective it is hard to tell at a glance what the progress of the cap is with all the markers overlapping on top of it
- Allow the deletion of the FOB creation marker on the boundary lines, not just the castle icon. Sometimes when you put a FOB directly on the marker, and wish to delete the FOB creation marker you cannot due to the overlap.
- Add a button that allows you to quickly clear all the map markers that you have placed. This would also solve the above annoyance.
- Allow squad leads to lock roles in the squad. This would help the squad lead by getting rid of that micro manage-y aspect of having to ask people to switch kits only to have to ask again a bit later when someone new joins. Also it would help to define the squad's purpose in the match.
- Add a message box that requires a squad leader to confirm whether they want to kick somebody from the squad or remove the option to kick from the drag and drop fireteam selection menu. It is way too easy to accidentally kick someone when assigning fireteams in this manner.
- The vehicle claim pop-up for the squad leader should show what kind of vehicle the player is requesting to claim.
- Improve the fire team leader visibility by marking them in a similar manner as the squad leader where the green overhead circle is replaced with the appropriate fireteam color and letter.
- Add a UI element to the deployment screen that allows anyone within the squad to quickly gauge the ammunition levels of the their squad mates. Simple symbols that show how much primary weapon ammunition a player has, the number of bandages, as well as role specific symbols. For instance, maybe a rocket to show your LAT or HAT has AT weapons, or a landmine symbol for the sapper. This would help squad leaders know when they might start thinking about resupplying their squad as well as telling the rifleman who needs what.
- Give players the ability to open the hatches and turn in/out. Doing so will greatly improve the situational awareness of the vehicle's crew at the potential threat of being injured or killed. This might be a good way of improving the survivability of open turreted weapons as well.
- Implement fire control systems to applicable vehicles. Simple things like automatically elevating the gun after pressing the 'lase' button, possible bound to RMB. Also with the lead applied to the NLAW, it might be worth adding a lead feature to the FCS's of applicable vehicles.
- Give players the ability to bandage themselves while in a vehicle.
- Require players to go to the correct doors and hatches to enter vehicles, rather than just anywhere.
- Make helicopter pilots vulnerable to damage.
- Implement a weapon resting feature so that players can support their weapons on low walls and other objects without the need of a bipod. This may also help with issues related to obstacles being slightly too tall for players to shoot over.
- Increase the speed of the animation for a soldier equipping their sidearm. Often it seems a bit too slow in the context of a situation where you really need it. This change might be applied to other items as well.
- Implement a system where a player can drop their current magazine in exchange for a quicker reload. Insurgency Sandstorm is one of the best examples of this where, if you press R once, you will reload the gun while keeping the half expended magazine, but, if you press R twice rapidly, you will sacrifice whatever ammunition was left in that magazine for a quicker reload.