ePrivacy and GPDR Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent Skip to content

Why oh why the muzzle flash in 2.12!??

HighspeedHighspeed Member Posts: 18 ★★

When taking contact from enemy, it's already a near given that everyone is a dead-eye. So when you are spotted, anyone with over 500 hours in the game is pretty much going to kill you immediately. To me adding muzzle flashes to weapons that don't have muzzle flashes in real life is a pander to the arcade shooters. I've enjoyed Squad because of it's realism, the same reason I enjoyed PR back in the day. When you start doing things like modifying bullet trajectories to be slightly different (for example) from actual physics you take away the realism aspect.

Comments

• EcchiRevengeEcchiRevenge Member Posts: 456 ★★
    edited October 2021

PR was mostly devoid of muzzleflashes for crash reasons. (they added muzzle flashes back to night maps when they fixed it for the most part)

But I do agree that vast majority of weapons won't have that visible of muzzleflash at least during daylight.

Then again squad was never properly realistic; many vehicles have more seats than they did irl(just to fit a squad of 9 in-game; even though people can sit on top instead), as well as many modeling mistakes that owi refuse(or cannot) fix.

The problem here is that people who turn up gamma will see through shadows just fine in daytime.

Or people could be using one of those monitor black-compensating options(so overly dark areas are much brighter).

It also makes game run worse when players are already GPU-bound(which doesn't happen often but still happens at times, such as in fallujah city center).

Then again, owi doesn't play the game, nor do they listen to people who have proper understanding of the state of game.