Squad Developer Q&A October
This is the first ever Join Squad Forums Developer Q&A where you, the players, get to ask the people who made Squad all about the game! We hope this will be yet another great channel of communication between us at Offworld Industries and our players. As this is an experiment, we may tweak things as we go along, and will be reviewing how to make the process better.
A few rules for this Questions thread:
- Post your questions as a reply to this post, in this specific thread
- Please do your best to keep the questions short and to the point, it’s too easy to misunderstand a question if it’s contained in several paragraphs of notes.
- Any debate surrounding the questions should be done elsewhere in the forums and not in this thread.
- We will not be answering every question, but depending on the volume we may save some questions for future weeks. There also may be questions we just don’t answer.
- Make sure that you ask a question, this isn’t a time to debate a design decision with the team. If you want to ask about the reasoning behind something in Squad that’s fine, but don’t use your question to tell us why you’d have done it differently.
- Keep the questions polite and constructive. We will be deleting any questions that we feel are in bad faith or are obviously trolling. Word your questions right and they’re more likely to get addressed.
- Good: “Why did the team do X?”
- Bad: “Why did you idiots do X and ruin the game?”
- Anything that is not a question may be removed to keep this thread easily readable. If you have a comment about someone else’s question please take that outside of this thread.
Ultimately we would like to do this on an ongoing basis if it goes well. However, that requires a great selection of questions, and that you, the community, find it useful. As noted this takes time away from Squad’s development, which is a resource we guard closely, so we will only continue to do it if players enjoy it.
Thank you for taking the time to submit your questions, and we look forward to answering them!
- Offworld Industries
Update: The Q&A is now posted here: October Squad Developer Q&A : Squad – Communicate. Coordinate. Conquer. (joinsquad.com)