ePrivacy and GPDR Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent Skip to content

Dear Devs/players.

retoksh0wretoksh0w Member Posts: 2 Civilian

Hello! I introduce myself:

I am Carlos. I have more than 20 years of experience in FPS at the competition level.

I have been playing and testing all the Squad mechanics for about 8 months now. I come to propose types of improvements to try to make the players' experience more immersive.

- It should be noted that the game has many good concepts at the level of dynamic insertion, giving the player a military experience that has never been achieved before.

- Unfortunately, the game does not have any kind of progression. This when it comes to valuing a game is vital, since being something so immersive, they should be able to have some kind of progress so that players are motivated to achieve certain goals. Currently the game, even being one of the best simulation games, does not stand out. But it stands out not because of its gameplay, but because of its lack of personal goals at the account level.

- A game whose objective is to conquer, work as a team, etc.. must have a progression so that the player feels benefited from a certain task, and that can give him many hours of play, since otherwise, it becomes a game without objectives and recurring, in which it is more likely that people play 20h and get a bit bored.

- Another strong point to highlight from my point of view would be a MatchMaking with scores, with a slight progression in which it leads the players to play in a more realistic way and that they really fight for victory and not in such a passive way .

I hope you understand what I want to expose since my language is not English.

Greetings soldiers.

Comments

• retoksh0wretoksh0w Member Posts: 2 Civilian

A clear example of goal progressions in accounts is the Atari Alien game.

It was a very very casual game, but when the developers put in a scoring system, the game increased its popularity by more than 700%.

The basis of a game is the personal satisfaction of progression, whether in improvements, skins, level, KDR, etc; and in the challenges that you are able to meet in it.

• PharanaitonPharanaiton belgiumMember Posts: 16 ★★

The progression you have in Squad is getting better at the game by playing it. And getting the acknowledgement from your team members, for example your squadleader who thanks you for listening/making the shot.

Squad players don't want a 700% popularity increase, heck not even 50!

Squad players want people who have an interest and respect for anything military beyond video games, to then be reflected inside the game. Hence not being bothered with having to wait before the action begins. Not being bothered with an order to disengage...

Squad is all about being average joe's, operating in a bigger scheme.

• PixelatedPixelated Member Posts: 5 Civilian

I would like to see a progression system based on teamwork score. It will help people determine who can be commander and who shouldnt be. As well, I would like to see hit/miss points for the weapons you use. However it would only be for the thing you use. Some people just choose the kit that goes boom and they run off not listening to you. There should be more punishments for people who dont listen to direction.

• thebiglezthebiglez Member Posts: 39 ★★

I agree that Squad would be better with a simple progression system.

Just so you know who you are playing with.

As an SL it would be very helpful if you know how experienced everyone in your squad is.