ePrivacy and GPDR Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent Skip to content

different fireteam structure for different factions?

SloanSloan PRTA LeadMember Posts: 36
  • UK/AU/CA: 8 people, 2 fireteams, SL as leader of one of those fireteams (+ platoon leadership level, please)
  • USA: 9 people, 2 fireteams, SL *not* a leader of one of those fireteams (+ platoon leadership level, please)
  • RF/PLA: 9 people, 2 fireteams, SL as leader of one of those fireteams (+ platoon leadership level, please)
  • USMC: 15 people, 3 fireteams, SL as leader of one of those fireteams (+ platoon leadership level, please)
  • Militia: 8 people, no fireteams (+ platoon leadership level, please)
  • Insurgents: maybe 5-person cells, up to 4 cells + 1 leader in a higher-level super-cell, no map-marker or spawn-point sharing between independent super-cells except for locations of people to avoid friendly fire (not even seeing unit designations in name-tags of people in other super-cells, insurgent HABS should be tied to a super-cell), no overall commander -- effectively breaks the insurgents until 2-3 independent teams trying to cooperate against a single cohesive force

The three biggest differences here would be:

• squads vary from 8 to 15 people
  • insurgents operate as independent cooperating cells, not a cohesive whole
  • platoon-level organisation!

Comments

• SloanSloan PRTA Lead Member Posts: 36

p.s.

I would not allow any fireteam to grow past 6 people, it's rarely needed and preventing more people from joining a poorly lead squad is probably a good thing.

• sgt.longbowsgt.longbow Member Posts: 25

i could see a squad as standard 12 man to allow some kits for support and the fact a lot of people dont want to be a squad leader so people wont be forced to make a squad.

• SloanSloan PRTA Lead Member Posts: 36

I'd prefer to see some variety, TBH, right now it feels like most of the factions are just re-skins that occasionally come with some slightly different vehicles. They all play out exactly the same - same squad size & structure, almost all have the same set of kits, basically the same sets of vehicles (transport, logi, jeeps, APC, MBT, heli), mostly the same deployable assets (I have no idea where the Russians & MEC managed to get HESCO...), same mechanics for deployables. Militia & insurgents add some nice variety, but they are 2 out of about 9 factions - less than 1/3 - and still share the same squad structure (inexplicably shared between NATO and insurgent factions) and very similar kits. Most of the maps with rivers still have very shallow rivers that you can drive/walk across almost everywhere so there is little practical difference between amphibious/non-amphibious vehicles.

• EcchiRevengeEcchiRevenge Member Posts: 456 ★★

"I have no idea where the Russians & MEC managed to get HESCO..."

https://www.made-in-china.com/products-search/hot-china-products/Hesco.html

• EcchiRevengeEcchiRevenge Member Posts: 456 ★★

Squad's command structure is homogenized to be easier to learn and let's be real, it's almost always better to have many non-full squads to have access to more LATs(up to the total limit).