ePrivacy and GPDR Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent Skip to content

Change MEA main rifle.

sgt.longbowsgt.longbow Member Posts: 25

suggestion is to change MEA main rifle from the g3 7.62x51 to hk32 7.62x39. The HK32 was chambered in 7.62x39 and never was adopted by any country but since this is a fictional collation of middle east countries and not one single country then logic was suggest that those countrys would have massive stock piles of 7.62x39 laying around and im highy doubtful they would throw it all out for 7.62x51. what they would do is buy rifles that would use that caliber like the hk32. For game play purposes the g3 in 7.62x51 is just too much recoil and lacks mag capacity,this can be easily fixed with a change to 7.62x39. a new gun model would have to be made but i feel the community would agree a change is needed.

Comments

• EcchiRevengeEcchiRevenge Member Posts: 456 ★★
    edited July 26

What needs change is the fact that G3 scope doesn't reduce recoil(vast majority of magnifying optics reduce recoil compared to ironsight counterpart).

Also, G3 has identical vertical recoil to AKM when standing/crouched and aiming. The scope just magnifies it by 4 times.

So ironically, changing it to 7.62x39 doesn't justify(at least within terrible squad "logic") reduction of recoil, and instead would only make it do less damage/have far worse damage falloff(in-game they fall to 35 minimum damage by around 300m, except just about every other rifle caliber only begin damage falloff past ~350m and ends at near 400m or more).

This is intentional gimping of non-western forces from OWI, as usual, and it's disgusting.

What really needs change is HK51 which actually has massive (something near twice the recoil of G3) and isn't even a real model that real military uses. MEA could use AMD-65 to replace those(AMD-65 still sucks due to higher recoil than AKM, but it's less bad compared to hk51).

Iran did/still do use G3 so that's not really a problem.

Problem in-game is OWI's biases and the fact that despite MEA being basically marksman rifles for everyone(even Hk51 unrealistically has the stats of a DMR, instead of the realistic short-barrel 7.62x39 performance, just more recoil and less scope)...99% of marksman users suck anyway + the fact that all infantry common-issued rifles can two shot to torso in most ranges(not that it's reliable, of course).

• thebiglezthebiglez Member Posts: 35 ★★

Ive come to really like the G3. Its really powerful, just never full auto with it.

Regarding the recoil, i would prefer that i would be lower for all guns not just the G3. And i didnt know that the scope doesnt reduce recoil, like on other guns. Lets hope this will be addressed with the upcoming QoL update.

• RackEmUp187RackEmUp187 Member Posts: 74 ★★

P I believe it's changed in the Middle Eastern escalation mod

• sgt.longbowsgt.longbow Member Posts: 25

something that could help g3 is if every rifleman rifle got a bipod.

• EcchiRevengeEcchiRevenge Member Posts: 456 ★★
  • SloanSloan PRTA Lead Member Posts: 36

I would prefer variety between factions, like this: