ePrivacy and GPDR Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent Skip to content

Squad won't launch (UE4-Crash Reporter, Assertion failed)

Sgt JensSgt Jens Member Posts: 2 Civilian

Good (or not so good) morning fellow squaddies.

Yesterday, i installed Dead by daylight to play with my girlfriend.

After the intro-scene it crashed everytime. So i got annoyed and uninstalled it again and turned back to squad.

Now my Squad game keeps crashing on startup with following error message showing in UE4-Crash reporter:

LoginId:ecc1ad27424d440fc1122b98474566e5

EpicAccountId:d734d34cf48c43f099f5c817d8cbba42

Assertion failed: [File:C:/buildWork/482dc7ffae9b9a8a/UnrealEngine/Engine/Source/Runtime/Windows/D3D11RHI/Private/D3D11Util.cpp] [Line: 249] Direct3DDevice->CreateUnorderedAccessView(Texture->GetResource(),&UAVDesc,(ID3D11UnorderedAccessView**)UnorderedAccessView.GetInitReference()) failed at C:/buildWork/482dc7ffae9b9a8a/UnrealEngine/Engine/Source/Runtime/Windows/D3D11RHI/Private/D3D11UAV.cpp:103 with error E_INVALIDARG

SquadGame

SquadGame

SquadGame

SquadGame

SquadGame

SquadGame

SquadGame

SquadGame

SquadGame

SquadGame

SquadGame

SquadGame

SquadGame

SquadGame

SquadGame

SquadGame

SquadGame

SquadGame

SquadGame

SquadGame

kernel32

ntdll

I tried so many solutions:

• Uninstall EAC and reinstall
  • Re-Install Squad using a back-up
  • Re-Install Squad
  • Activating Debug-Mode for NVIDIA
  • Choosing GPU instead of auto GPU selection in NVIDIA
  • Uninstalling Discord

Im slowly loosing my mind, squad is my favourite game and i put in hundreds of hours without significant crashes. What can cause this damn issue?

I realy need your help, i soon have holidays, and i finally get to play again but now my game doesnt work...

Comments

• SloanSloan Member Posts: 45 ★★

There seem to be a bunch of people with the same issue, you're not alone. Hopefully that also means that the problem will be investigated soon.

:)

• mels478mels478 Member Posts: 1 Civilian

I just had this same problem and, at least in my case, uninstalling and reinstalling worked.

• durkiedurkie Member Posts: 4 Civilian

Had the same problem today. A reinstall fixed it for me.