ePrivacy and GPDR Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent Skip to content

Navy SEAL & Special Forces Classes?

F7LTHYF7LTHY Member Posts: 1 Civilian

Can we have Navy SEAL, Special Forces classes for recon missions/objectives with different loadouts like an AR15 with a suppressor, binoculars etc. and different uniforms? I think that would be a good idea to bring more new things into the game.

Comments

• GeebusGeebus Member Posts: 137 ★★

Special forces kits would be a bad addition to the game. Encouraging solo or independent play isn't what you want in a game like this. Everything should be about encouraging squad based play. That said, I'd be all for special forces factions. That way, you could get all the cool new gear but without ruining the gameplay.

• SloanSloan PRTA Lead Member Posts: 20 Civilian

An entire faction used heavily in specific game-modes (like insurgency, or a "capture/recover/destroy the objective" mode) would be ok, but I don't even like the presence of snipers in normal factions.

Same thing with heavy armour, too: I'd like to a mix of layers with little/no armour and layers with more than 20 tanks & other armoured vehicles per team. You just don't really get variety via having the same 4-6 people in armour and 4 people doing their own thing every single round.

• GeebusGeebus Member Posts: 137 ★★

Same thing with heavy armour, too: I'd like to a mix of layers with little/no armour and layers with more than 20 tanks & other armoured vehicles per team. You just don't really get variety via having the same 4-6 people in armour and 4 people doing their own thing every single round.

Agreed. It really makes me wish the development of the game wasn't in such a poor state. The developers have wanted for years to implement a system that would allow players to choose their faction's unit type before the round, making it so players could choose an armored/mechanized/motorized/airborne/etc. unit. As it stands now, vehicle gameplay is really stale and largely doesn't fit with the rest of the game. You've got the infantry running around in their logistics trucks dropping FOB's and taking objectives but for the most part vehicles don't really directly interact with the rest of the game outside of killing them. They almost play a separate game entirely as they motor about the edges of the map hunting each other.

It certainly doesn't seem like this was the intention behind adding these vehicles either. I'm certain that the developers envisioned APC's moving squads from point to point rather than them just being crappy tanks.

• EcchiRevengeEcchiRevenge Member Posts: 407 ★★
    edited June 1

Average "quality" of squad players will often result in "special forces" being less trained than dirt poor insurgents, so no.

You can do recon with binoculars and smarter movement. Suppressors are not a necessity.