ePrivacy and GPDR Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent Skip to content

Team Leads ranging

xRA1NxxRA1Nx Member Posts: 3 Civilian

OWI Please add ranging to the Team Leads I’ve found my self in so many situations where I have to ask my Squad Lead for a range mark on “B” or “C” to get distance for a sniper shot or a HAT/LAT shot in situations like those we don’t have allot of time to wait for our SL to put a mark down cause there in there own situation I’ve had sometimes where my SL doesn’t even put down a mark for me then I have to guess and most the time it’s wrong this is such a simple request and simply feels silly even having to ask for it... it would make being a TL using specialty kits to get instant accurate range marks so we can adjust for the distance soooo helpful... I REALLY wanna see this get added considering it’s so simple

thanks for considering this suggestion squadie

Comments

• EcchiRevengeEcchiRevenge Member Posts: 407 ★★

Learn how to use map.

• OracudaOracuda Member Posts: 12 Civilian

I agree with this, some people genuinely want you to open up pythagoras 🤣

• GeebusGeebus Member Posts: 137 ★★

I'm against it. Team leads shouldn't have markers in the first place. It was originally added to be a junior leadership role but because of the map markers it has just turned into the marker role. I'd much rather folks learn to use the tools they already have at hand rather than easy mode marking. Everyone has a map, you can get rough estimates from that. Many of the roles that would need it also have binoculars. Use the stadiametric range finders that are built into them. RPG-7's and the SVD's have this as well. Even LAW's and AT-4's have simple ways to get rough ranges.

Again, learn to use the tools you already have.

edited May 27

If you don't have that basic skill then I don't think you're cut out to play Squad in first place.

Not to mention mortar calculators already exist...

• ShazwigShazwig Member Posts: 25 Civilian

I'm against squad leads getting a rangefinder.

What I mean is rangefinder should be part of the marksman kit.

edited June 22

Keep it away from marksman too, they'll just find range for themselves.

Have a dedicated spotter kit if there must be laser rangefinder.

Not to mention binos already have (stadiametric)rangefinder.

Oh yeah, I like that better. Spotter kit is a fire support role and gets: laser rangefinder, iron sights and ammo bag.

• ABG MatsozetexABG Matsozetex Member Posts: 23

You don't need Pythagoras to guesstimate ranges, merely the marker being there is just confirming that they are in the general location. Being accurate to 25-50m of a target is accurate enough for most weapons in the game, and if it isn't, change your zero and try again.

Depends on the range.

This game has very dumb gravity modifiers for most smallarms(2.75/2.8x).

• Knyx12Knyx12 Member Posts: 4 Civilian
    edited June 24

I agree here. This is something that should most certainly be part of the Marksman kit. Along with built in ability to mark without needing FTL (maybe only observe mark with unique color but def no move marks) and a laser range finder binos instead of standard binos.

It (Marksman) needs some team benefitting elements molded into the kit badly, otherwise it should really be moved to share the same direct role as Rifleman, simply retaining the same team/squad limitations.

We don't need a sep kit for spotter, that is nonsensical. Only 2-man team paired from SF IRL with really specific mission objectives (requiring such) will involve a Sniper and his spotter. None of this would make sense for Squad. Marksman in squad is also in no way relatable to a SF sniper.

I also think it is amusing the attitude from some of the other commentors with clear expectations for players to use calculations in Squad to get ranges. Hell, even ARMA is more mil-sim than Squad and doesn't require that rubbish. Even more childish is the one claiming those who cannot, shouldn't play. Such immaturity would be more of a marker indicating a failure to meet expected conditions for playing.