Skip to content

New Forum Suggestions

GunslingerGunslinger Member Posts: 7 ★★

Its nice to have this platform again! I welcome it and lets see what can be done here. However there are some minor wishes that come to mind looking at the forum as it is right now (brand new, paint still wet).

• Theme options or a less contrasty "black & white" theme (why not Squad Website grey?)
  • Maybe some of the emojis from the discords?
  • A wider layout? on a 1440p screen i feel like writing on a post-it :-D
  • Maybe a bit more info displayed on the person posting
  • Maybe OWI Team Members name in Yellow to diretly see the difference?
  • The ability to switch times between AM/PM and 24h
  • remove the written out words next to the reaction icons (like, agree, lol) it looks messy and people will be able to handle it without
  • personal flavour: navigation left or top but right is letting me not sleep at night its so strange

thats it for the most part im curious to know what other people here might have to add.

As stated: its suggestions and not "oh you did everything bad fix the forums" 👍️

Tagged:

Comments

• GunslingerGunslinger Member Posts: 7 ★★

Damn, scince i cant edit:

• Edit Feature for everyone
    • maybe give some old community members at least moderator rights and a quick training to keep things here orderly :-D
  • DaresiosDaresios Member Posts: 8 ★★

The ability to only quote part of another persons post or comment and not the entire post would also be a nice feature

• invisible.nininvisible.nin 127.0.0.1Member Posts: 20 Moderator

Pinned the thread, so we can collect feedback more easily. For any bugs or issues check this thread:

• DuplexieDuplexie Member Posts: 7 ★★

Agreed, this along with theme options are the two I'd want most.

• WhyPhyWhyPhy Member Posts: 16 ★★

Edit feature especially is a big thing imo. Recruitment and modding posts need regular updates.

Also I was wondering if there is a way to make the forum a bit more easy to navigate. Like general also has a few suggestion posts in it so maybe transfer those to here?

But all in all, happy to have the forum back :D

• GeebusGeebus Member Posts: 25 ★★

Being able to edit your own posts and quote a specific part of someone else's post is a must have.

• soraflairsoraflair Member Posts: 30 ★★

I second this.

The forum is based around the "reaction buttons" yet they don't stand out very well, and just seem like another option with "flag & quote"

However reactions are paramount to this communities setup, so they should remain in a clear, and encouraged area, they could change colors from white to yellow when utilized to encourage others to click those buttons as often as possible.

• DanielNLDanielNL Germany/NetherlandsMember Posts: 4 Civilian

Also please add a "server feedback" section again, for example server [CI] Corrupted Infantry uses the server-side option "announcements" (ingame-messages) way too often imo, ruining immersion.

• DanielNLDanielNL Germany/NetherlandsMember Posts: 4 Civilian

Fallujah Invasion v1 stats please? I have the impression that insurgents always beat US team before they can even capture 1st flag.