CD | Collateral Damage | New Player Friendly | discord.io/collateraldamage
1. General Values & Expectations
- Collateral Damage aims to create a respectful community that is welcoming of all players, new or experienced.
- Players are expected to maintain good sportsmanship and to foster a culture of teamwork and cooperation.
- Players are expected to foster a fair and helpful learning environment for new and inexperienced players.
- Players and admins are expected to respect the rules and each other, and to act with integrity both in-game and out.
- Admins have the authority to investigate rule infractions as well as to interpret and enforce the rules in order to protect Collateral Damage’s general values and expectations.
- Admins reserve the right to take action based on Collateral Damage’s kick-ban matrix on any tags or names that are considered offensive, inappropriate, or otherwise incompatible with the values of the community.
- All players are expected to cooperate when an admin issues a warning. Any concerns regarding the rules can be brought up in an admin ticket in the CD Discord.
- Discussion of rules and bans should only be kept to the appropriate channels in Discord.
- Collateral Damage staff may add, remove, edit, or otherwise update these rules at any time with notice to the community via the CD Discord.
- English is the official language of server administration.
- Video, picture, screenshot, audio, or other evidence is required to take immediate administrative action.
3. General Rules (apply to both game and Discord servers)
- No hate speech (racism, sexism, homophobia, etc.) or personal attacks. This includes player names, squad names, and clan tags
- No toxicity, trolling, griefing, or similar behavior with the intention of harming the integrity of the server, community, or playerbase.
- Riding the line between the rules/playing in the gray area falls under this rule.
- Excessive admin pings/DMs will not be tolerated.
- No advertisement, promotion, or recruiting for other servers or clans without prior approval.
- Impersonation of Collateral Damage or OWI staff is prohibited.
4. Gameplay Rules
- No use of cheats, glitches, or exploits.
- No ghosting (defined as providing/gaining information in-game that you would not otherwise have), stream sniping, or similar behavior.
- No main camping. Main camping is defined as engaging assets by any available means while having a sightline directly to main or a route out of main before those assets could reasonably affect the course of the game. Admins will examine main camping on a case-by-case basis.
- No intentional teamkilling is allowed. All TKs must be apologized for in all chat. Retaliation is not permitted.
- Vehicle Rules
- Vehicles requiring a crewman kit are limited to one per squad.
- Vehicle claim priority goes to squads who name themselves after a specific vehicle type (Specific Vehicle Type > Armor > Infantry). Squads in the same tier may claim vehicles on a “first-come, first-served” basis.
- No arguing in text chat.
- No chat or microphone spam, especially during staging.
- No debating the rules in-game.
- Squad Rules
- Squad Leaders must have an SL kit, a microphone, and be able to speak English. SLs are likewise expected to cooperate and coordinate with their team.
- If you make a squad, you are expected to lead it. Making a squad to claim a desired role, to pass it off to another player, or to leave immediately afterwards is not allowed.
- No abusive or offensive squad names (see Rule 3.1).
- SLs may kick from a squad for any reason. Retaliation is not acceptable.
- One-man locked squads are only allowed for helicopters and vehicles that do not require a crewman kit.
- No asset wasting. This includes heli ramming, using vehicles as a one-way transport for yourself, intentionally driving vehicles into deep water/off the map, intentionally abandoning still-useable vehicles, or using the unarmed kit.
- Players are encouraged to play the active objective. Not doing so may result in a kick.
- Admins may ask for players or groups of players to switch sides or switch players to improve balance of gameplay when one team is “rolling.”
5. Seeding Rules
- Fight over the middle cap only. In the case that there are an even number of caps, the two middle caps are considered active.
- No FOBs or HABs directly on the active caps. Fortifications are permitted on cap.
- Do not attack enemy HABs during seeding.
- No weapon emplacements permitted during seeding or after calling live.
- No armed vehicles during seeding.
- Admin will call when the server is live.