ePrivacy and GPDR Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent Skip to content

V2.13 issues

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Dev
edited April 13 in Game Support

V2.13 is now live, please report new issues here using the following format:

Bug Report Template:

• Version: x.x (check on the main menu, bottom left)
  • Type: Map- the name of the map/Gameplay/Asset/Sound/Visual/Other bug
  • Description: Describe in detail the issue. 
  • Screenshots/Video: Please include a screenshot if needed (and youtube/streamable video link if necessary)
  • Reproduction steps: how to reliably reproduce this bug (make sure it's reproducible in an online server)
  • Any Exploit Bugs that are game-breaking should be sent via https://offworldindustries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us 
  • Please do not report bugs from Offline Testing Range.

For any frame performance issues please report these using the following link:

https://forms.gle/wv6LDxgPKmfxWTdBA 

Known Issues / Troubleshooting

• If you are still experiencing performance issues after updating to v2.13, be sure to go to Settings -> “CLEAR CACHE”.
  • If after the v2.13 Hotfix you still have performance issues, try experimenting with the Graphics settings menu. Settings that have the biggest performance impact will be Shadow Quality and Tessellation. We believe that the Medium preset is the best compromise between visual quality and performance for most players. 
  • If you are playing on Low Preset and are bothered by excessive flickering/dithering on shadows, foliage, and road shoulders, try setting Anti-Aliasing quality to Medium or above, and increase the sample size to 8 or more. This can decrease the issue with minimal performance impact compared to the Low preset. 
  • On Anvil, Chora, and Mutaha a specific tree type will show a line into the sky at certain ranges.

After playing a few games on v2.13 we would appreciate it if you reported your performance via our Google Form to let us know what your experience has been with this Hotfix (LINK URL).

Comments

• SvartasvanenSvartasvanen Member Posts: 1 Civilian

I have the crashing-on-startup bug that seems to only have appeared after v2.13 (the game ran on v2.12, although I'm not sure the hotfix is the cause, it might be me having changed the settings) which appears to affect people running particular values of MaterialsQuality. People found a fix quite quickly, namely changing the corresponding values in the GameUserSettings .ini file or deleting the SquadGame folder in AppData (which I presume resets all settings to default. However, like other people I've been in touch with on various forums, I play the game on Geforce Now (basically a game streaming service) which means we can't access or delete the affected files, thus making the game unstartable for us. Neither Nvidia nor OWI seems to have acknowledged this issue as of now. Are you aware of the issue? I apologize if this isn't the correct way to report but the Squad/UE4 crash reporter closes almost immediately after the game crashes so it's hard to attach a description of the issue there and the forms here seem inapplicable for this issue.

Here is a post with a screenshot of the crash reporter in GFN on the Squad subreddit by someone with the same issue as me, with commenters talking about the fix that does work when playing on your physical machine but not when streaming the game. I'm too new on the forum to put a clickable link here so I had to add some spaces: https:// www. reddit. com/r/joinsquad/comments/srjxh0/after_version_212_i_am_facing_this_error_in/

• EcchiRevengeEcchiRevenge Member Posts: 487 ★★
    edited February 25

Canadian AR(both scoped and ironsight) spawns with minimum of 2 boxes of 200 rounds each.

Steps to reproduce: spawn in with any other class(or waste ammo until total amount carried is less than the last two boxes), respawn and select canadian AR at a fob or rally.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Dev

@EcchiRevenge thank you for your report, I have flagged this to the team.

@Svartasvanen @kht540 with the new patch release tomorrow, please let us know if it continues to happen. We will be creating a new thread for any issues as well.

This discussion has been closed.