ePrivacy and GPDR Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent Skip to content

v2.12 Launch Issues

OWI_WedgeOWI_Wedge Posts: 33 Admin
edited February 15 in Game Support
  • V2.12 is now live, please report new issues here using the following format:

Bug Report Template

• Version: x.x (check on the main menu, bottom left)
  • Type: Map- the name of the map/Gameplay/Asset/Sound/Visual/Other bug
  • Description: Describe in detail the issue. 
  • Screenshots/Video: Please include a screenshot if needed (and youtube/streamable video link if necessary)
  • Reproduction steps: how to reliably reproduce this bug (make sure it's reproducible in an online server)
  • If your bug report gets deleted it has likely been fixed in the next version. Do not re-post bugs unless it persists in the next version.

Any Exploit Bugs that are game-breaking should be sent via https://offworldindustries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us 

Please do not report bugs from Offline Testing Range.

Confirmed Known issues and legacy bugs:

• Players playing Squad on systems that are below our minimum specifications may find that this update does not run as well as previous versions of the game. Please play Squad on a system that meets or exceeds our min spec.
  • Players who are experiencing issues after the update, be sure to go to Settings -> “CLEAR CACHE” before taking any other troubleshooting steps.
  • Occasional Player (Client) crashes in various circumstances. Detailed crash reports help us fix things faster, and we truly appreciate those that have filled out and sent in crash reports.
  • Various Kit icon issues - Occasionally the kit and weapon in the deploy screen squad list will show up as a white square instead of the kit. This will be addressed in a future update.
  • The deploy screen squad list will sometimes display incorrect players that are not actually in the squad. This will be addressed in a future update.
  • Player kit role icons are sometimes not being displayed on certain menu screens. This will be addressed in a future update.
  • “Extremely Low Res Textures” - Some players may be experiencing very low-res textures after the v2.0 release. If you are experiencing this issue, you are likely under the minimum required specs for VRAM (4GB). This may be mitigated by ticking the “unlock texture pool size” box in the settings menu under the textures tab, but it may come with more performance stutter.
  • “Ghost player in vehicle bug” - Occasionally entering a vehicle makes a player permanently take up a seat in that vehicle, even after they exit. This issue is a high priority to fix and will be addressed in a future update.
  • "Mass EAC disconnect issue" - Occasionally upon the end of a round and when a map switch occurs, the majority of a server population will be disconnected with a “Server Closed Connection” message. Hopefully, this issue should be resolved now.
  • “Commander UAV VOIP bug” - When the commander changes to the UAV camera, he cannot hear local audio anymore, even though he still sees local audio transmissions in the bottom left corner. Others can still hear him when he talks. Additionally, when leaving the UAV camera, he hears all of the local audio broadcasts at the same time, originating from the point where they were initially transmitted from – even if the person doing the transmission has moved afterward. This will be addressed in a future update.
  • Vehicle Reset Feature does not currently work with Helicopters. This will be addressed in a future update.
  • Vehicle Reset Feature can freeze a vehicle in the air if used too close to a tree.
  • Occasionally a player does not spawn at a Rally Point. This often happens when numerous players are spawning in at the same time — This will be addressed in a future update.
  • Server performance may periodically dip when a server has a high population and high load. We are continuously working to improve server performance and optimization.
  • ATGM projectiles desync for other players that are not the gunner, however, what the gunner sees should be the actual synced projectile. This is an inherent problem, and the solution is currently in long-term development.
  • “Alt-tabbing” out of Squad during a loading screen freezes the Player (client). The recommended solution, for now, is to run Squad in the “Borderless” mode. This can be changed in Settings -> Graphics.
  • The audio module for Squad is initialized at the game start. If a player does not have a microphone plugged in at launch, or accidentally unplug their microphone and then plug it back in, Squad needs to be restarted to get the microphone to work again — This issue will likely require an engine upgrade to UE4.25 or above to be fixed.
  • SFX bug while Firing in full auto. If the player presses the fire button for a short period, the sound effect gives the impression that you fired more rounds than you did. This will be addressed in a future update.
  • Localization for most language translations is currently out of date. We plan to push a full localization pass in a future release as we lock down the text that needs to be translated for the game.

Local/Offline Known Issues & Bugs

• Local/Offline Bug with Commander – Insurgent / Militia Handheld Drone does not move in local. Local/Offline issues currently have a lower priority.
  • Local/Offline Bug with Commander –  UAV hovers in one position instead of moving along the flight path in local.
  • Local/Offline Bug with Commander –  CAS does not do damage in local.
  • Local/Offline Bug with Vehicles: When playing offline on Jensen’s Range, Tracks, Wheels, and other components are not destructible while on the Jensen’s Range in Local play.
  • Local/Offline Bug with Weapon damages: When playing offline on Jensen’s Range, Weapon damages with both Infantry and Vehicle weapons are not accurately replicated.
  • Local/Offline Bug with Scoped Emplacements: When playing offline on Jensen’s Range, if a player exits an Emplacement while looking through the scope, the Scope remains on the Player’s HUD until they get back in the Emplacement and then Scope out.

Tagged:

Comments

• fantasticfantastic Member Posts: 2 Civilian
    edited February 10
    • Version: V2.12.0.76169-4.23.1-SHIPPING
    • Description: On Yehorivka_RAAS_V5, the caps seem to be offset too far to the left and don't align with where the caps actually are. This was after joining the game mid-round.
    • Screenshots/Video: imgur com /a/DEKPSy6
    • Reproduction steps: n/a
  • PeabodhiPeabodhi Member Posts: 1 Civilian
    edited February 10
    • Same bug as the prior post by fantastic

• Version: V2.12.0.76169-4.23.1-SHIPPINGV
    • Description: On Yehorivka_RAAS_V5, the caps were offset for some players, but correct for others. For players experiencing the bug, points appeared on far left side of map and if those players stood in the incorrect cap zones, they would still be able to influence the cap (stall/cap etc.). The players seeing correct cap points needed to stand in the original/correct cap zones in order to influence the cap. This resulted in 2 separate cap zones for each objective.
    • Screenshots/Video: None. My objective locations appeared correctly but command comms were on fire with discussion about the above.
    • Reproduction steps: n/a

• xRA1NxxRA1Nx Member Posts: 2 Civilian

Version: v2.12.0.76169.79-4.23.1

Type: Gameplay

Description: players are reporting settings wipe, some receive minor settings wipe meaning some only had the audio and some other minor stuff change, some are reporting major settings wipe where it completely reset all keybinds, audio, graphics, gameplay. 

Screenshots/Video: Not available / as its a settings wipe and all players have different settings

Reproduction steps: Unknown it just happened when players logged on for the new 2.12 update and its different for everyone some players are not affected by this weird settings mishap

• MautiMauti Vienna, AustriaMember Posts: 7 Civilian
    edited February 11

Version: V2.12.0.76169-4.23.1-SHIPPING

Type: Graphics - Foliage viewing distance.

Description: It seems with the new foliage system you might get an unfair advantage when attacking from far away while when close your visibility gets reduced by foliage. Yesterday I could easily pick up enemies from a muddy spot between Gas Station and Industrial. There was no visible foliage in the forest north. When I got closer the foliage appears and it was more difficult, but the enemies in the forest north had an unfair disadvantage throughout the whole engagement. They only saw foliage during the firefight while from far away south they where served on a silver platter. I guess that's how low settings player saw things in the past. Now even on epic I get this "advantage".

Solution: render distance has to be increased for foliage when there are open spots.

Screenshots/Video: attached

Reproduction steps: Go to Gorodok Industrial and move from south to north towards the forest north of the Industrial compound. Settings are on epic and cinematic where applicable. Tested with and without GPU occlusion settings.

• ivantheterribleivantheterrible Member Posts: 1 Civilian
    • Version: whatever the current one is
    • Type: Other bug
    • Description: Every time I close and reopen squad it will launch then send me straight to UE4 crash handler. Requiring me to delete my cache and restart the game every time I want to play.
    • Reproduction steps: I dont know?

• 2thfairy242thfairy24 Member Posts: 2 Civilian

Bug Report Template

• Version: Newest update
    • Type: After the update the game launched in a window screen display. I went to change it back to fullscreen and everything went to ****. The resolution dropped way down, it was previously 1920x1080, now Its extremely low. I can't access the settings because the cursor is only moving in the dimensions of that original window display and the settings button is outside of that display on the full screen so the cursor isn't reaching it.
    • Description: See above. I changed the display back to full screen, because it opened in windowed and now nothing works. Can't access settings, can't change anything, can't even click on most of the menu screens.
    • Screenshots/Video: Can't
    • Reproduction steps: Launch the game.
    • If your bug report gets deleted it has likely been fixed in the next version. Do not re-post bugs unless it persists in the next version.

• OWI_WedgeOWI_Wedge Posts: 33 Admin

Thanks to everyone who has been posting their issues. Now that V2.13 is out we have a new thread to report issues: https://forums.joinsquad.com/discussion/589/v2-13-issues/

Please continue to post any bugs, or other problems there.

This discussion has been closed.