ePrivacy and GPDR Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent Skip to content

Some ideas (26.11.21)

ZimtsternZimtstern Member Posts: 3 Civilian
  1. Add a quick mute key. Im not aware of a method to mute everyone with a simple press of a button. It would be nice to have when people keep talking when you have to hear something. Also make a seperate for sourounding, team and command communication which will help reduce three-side overload when it matters. Also make it visible so others see you cant hear them.
  2. Give squad leaders direct control over squad roles. I suggest a lock feature, were special classes are locked, a must take feature, were this roles have to be taken first to unlock the others and a assign/unassign feature were a leader can directly un-/assign roles. This would heavily help managing squads roles.
  3. We need more after action reviews to learn from. The heaviest would probably be a complete record of the round with analytic data but a longer after-match time to talk would already help. If we could have a finer map where you could see all peoples as icons and where they look, shoot and interact with at any time with a free time control that would be amazing and help anyone greatly see what happend, then, there.
  4. We have some very fit soldiers on the battlefield. Personally this makes hitting targets sometimes extremly difficult for me when they run to the side and I dont have explosives or automatic fire. I propose we also boost our bullet speed so it gets easier to hit people with standard rifles when they run to the side.
  5. Getting maltreated by armor is very annoying and not fun. If your own armor fails the enemy armor just has to play out his range and mobility to rush you and mess you up when and where he likes. All you can do it hide and hope. If one lucky AT soldier happens to be in the right spot and manages to get a hit its a mobility kill if hes lucky again else he just drives off, kills everything on his way out, repairs if nessesary and it starts again. So if we finally managed a mobility kill and we think we might got it now we get laughed at again. The still very active turrets keeps killing everything so that a single crewman can disembark for a minute, hide on a safe side and quicky repairs it. Your only chance is to suround it, take the deal of 5:1 deaths to kill all but the one gunner in the turret and/or to spam it with AT. I call that a bad joke balancing wise. I demand changes. At least I propose making it easier to kill an immobile piece of armor. First make it possible to shoot out optics. Second armor should take two people to repair. Third if suppressed repair holds and tools automaticly switches to the primary. Fourth repairs have to happen on the side where the destroyed part is, so the specific side if its the wheels/tracks or the rear for the engine.

Comments

• GeebusGeebus Member Posts: 137 ★★

Add a quick mute key. Im not aware of a method to mute everyone with a simple press of a button. It would be nice to have when people keep talking when you have to hear something. Also make a seperate for sourounding, team and command communication which will help reduce three-side overload when it matters. Also make it visible so others see you cant hear them.

The one thing I've always worried about with mute systems for entire comms channels is that people would might get into the habit of keeping the comms off rather than it's intended use of temporarily letting you hear what one channel or the other has to say. I kinda like the idea of it being a key that you hold rather than toggle to keep people from just ignoring the rest of the team.

Give squad leaders direct control over squad roles. I suggest a lock feature, were special classes are locked, a must take feature, were this roles have to be taken first to unlock the others and a assign/unassign feature were a leader can directly un-/assign roles. This would heavily help managing squads roles.

I've been wanting the ability to lock off certain roles within my squads almost since I started squad leading. This is the first time I've seen the idea expanded to include locking out roles until "necessary" roles have been filled and it doesn't sound too bad. I already ask my squads for medics, riflemen, and AT before any other kits and this would just make it easier. At a bare minimum, locking off roles as a SL is a must have feature that I'm surprised hasn't made it's way into the game.

We need more after action reviews to learn from. The heaviest would probably be a complete record of the round with analytic data but a longer after-match time to talk would already help. If we could have a finer map where you could see all peoples as icons and where they look, shoot and interact with at any time with a free time control that would be amazing and help anyone greatly see what happend, then, there.

This would probably get very little use from the vast majority of the playerbase. Most folks are simply looking to get into their next match and don't really care what happened. Even in the best of scenarios for this, maybe only a few people per team would be interested at all. The best way to implement some form of AAR would be to redo the scoreboard to show tickets lost/earned per squad as that is probably the best way to show who did what is a quick way.

We have some very fit soldiers on the battlefield. Personally this makes hitting targets sometimes extremly difficult for me when they run to the side and I dont have explosives or automatic fire. I propose we also boost our bullet speed so it gets easier to hit people with standard rifles when they run to the side.

Bullet speeds are fine as they are. Sounds like you are in the same boat as I am and don't know how to aim. The only thing that might be justified would be to lower the sprint speed back to earlier game levels but even then I don't think its too necessary.

Getting maltreated by armor is very annoying and not fun. If your own armor fails the enemy armor just has to play out his range and mobility to rush you and mess you up when and where he likes. All you can do it hide and hope. If one lucky AT soldier happens to be in the right spot and manages to get a hit its a mobility kill if hes lucky again else he just drives off, kills everything on his way out, repairs if nessesary and it starts again. So if we finally managed a mobility kill and we think we might got it now we get laughed at again. The still very active turrets keeps killing everything so that a single crewman can disembark for a minute, hide on a safe side and quicky repairs it. Your only chance is to suround it, take the deal of 5:1 deaths to kill all but the one gunner in the turret and/or to spam it with AT. I call that a bad joke balancing wise. I demand changes. At least I propose making it easier to kill an immobile piece of armor. First make it possible to shoot out optics. Second armor should take two people to repair. Third if suppressed repair holds and tools automaticly switches to the primary. Fourth repairs have to happen on the side where the destroyed part is, so the specific side if its the wheels/tracks or the rear for the engine.

I'd really like to see what the armor/infantry game would look like if the vehicle crews were vulnerable to AT weapons. As it is now you kinda get an inconsistent game where sometimes armor might feel unkillable and other times it falls very quickly. I think it would be very interesting to get fights where its unclear whether the vehicle is dead or not. Scenarios where you hit a tank with a couple of rockets and assume its dead, only to have it come back to "life" and mow down half the squad. Right now, especially with how repairs work, the vehicles can feel a little too gamey.

• LindsayLindsay Member Posts: 2 Civilian

can we get more dust. idk how many of you have been next to a machine gun when it is going of but it kicks up an insane amount of dust. also can we get an AG (assistant gunner) for the 240. Like rifleman kit that has a tripod for the 240 and when you put the gun on it it auto draws ammo from the riflemans bag without using the actual gunners ammo.

• ZimtsternZimtstern Member Posts: 3 Civilian

Would be great if we would tie efficency of all roles to at least buddy pair teamwork. Would instantly make the whole game more about teamwork and scare lone wolfs away.

For example the machinegun has barely ammo but a dedicated Assistant would have a lot more, could reload the gun from the side faster than the gunner and like you said maybe carry a tripod. Tough I think weapon stability with bipods would have to be significanty reduced to also make this feature useful if your not playing one of the very wide open maps. The AT could have similar Assistant too. A Spotter for Marksmens/Snipers could have a thermal bino. Engineers could have charges but his Assistant the trigger.

Riflemans and medics could provide general effects like dropping the effect of suppression for friendlies in the near, increase their damage they can soak up, or increase weapon stability and additionally be punish for beeing alone for example by increasing said effects to the negative. Beeing alone for longer could implement dread where players would additionally be easier supressed, scream in fear, hearable for the enemy and take way longer to reload.

A more gamey implementation could be done. Spotters for snipers could give the ability to carry ghilli suits. Leaders in the near could improve radio com clearness or refresh rate of the icons on the map. Medics in the near could reduce likeness for bleeding. Riflemans in the near could improve stamina. We could also implement something I would call "death walk" were people mortally hit could lower their weapon and be able to still move for a short moment if friendlies are in the near, making it easier to recover them.

• sgt.longbowsgt.longbow Member Posts: 7 Civilian

Get rid on the logi system so people dont have to waste thier entire game play time running supplies,its not a driving simulator. Have a bf style spawn in for vechiles so if you wish to use a tank you already have that kit. add ducking in turrets.

• ZimtsternZimtstern Member Posts: 3 Civilian

Many play squad because they specificly want something more hardcore than battlefield. It was the orginial idea of squad even if its keeps moving away from that. The easier you make it for everyone to simply play without having to care about the other the less people will go through the trouble of coordinating with others and instead just do their own thing. Again if you want a shooter to just revolve around you, you can just play Battlefield or similar. Im greatly opposed to any implementation making it easier, rewarding and able to find fun to do whatever you now want. This is not a kids game, the collective achievment is the price.

• EcchiRevengeEcchiRevenge Member Posts: 404 ★★

Pretty stupid how exaggerated bullet drop already exists to make long range hits more up to luck/experience/optics, eh?