ePrivacy and GPDR Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent Skip to content

Idea combat maincamping

DracolithfiendDracolithfiend Member Posts: 1 Civilian

So maincamping is a strategy used widely by many many many players. Some servers embrace it, some servers offer limited distance rules (300 meter rules etc), and a select few take a simple "Dont" approach (PTFO rules etc). While I would agree it's not a problem at all on servers that embrace it, I do feel that many others wish there was a way to get rid of it entirely. Admins waste precious time issuing warnings and getting contacted about it.... time they could be spending watching for trolls or even - playing.

So what solution would I like to suggest? It is actually fairly simple although I have no clue how difficult it would be to implement. Have mains be hidden for the opposing team by the fog of war. Just like how you cannot see further objectives in RAAS or Invasion. This obviously is not a fullproof solution. Veterans will remember where mains are, vehicles could still be observed coming and going. Yet I feel this would mitigate the attempts by making the information prescient. It would also seem to fit the style of the game better in my opinion.

-Draco

Comments

• EcchiRevengeEcchiRevenge Member Posts: 150 ★★
    edited October 24

People should be allowed to shoot in main(maybe not during staging period); and be able to shoot/hit people outside but not the other way around.

And have ATGM launcher with infinite ammo(since it's at main) for deterring anyone within ATGM range from staring into main base.

Removing landmines should be on the table too. Combat Engineer with landmines do not fit within Squad's theme of teamwork, since it's better to go at it alone(place mines on roads leading out of enemy main, for example) with a transport truck or something. Replacing landmines with combat ladders would be way better. If there must be landmines, make them deployables around hab build circle instead.

In addition, have a restriction of around 5 radios(scaling depending on map) so people can't plop a radio anywhere and build ATGM to camp roads leading out of main(and encourage ATGM to be used defensively, as intended).

All of the above would solve 90% of maincamp problems. (people can still build ATGM to watch roads leading out of main, or camp it with 2 HATs, but that would cost them significantly more personnel/resource/time/hablimit and thus is much less effective)

None of these require any new mechanics in the game, only tweaks to existing mechanics.

• RackEmUp187RackEmUp187 Member Posts: 50 ★★
    edited November 1

worst idea. nobody wants to defend main! we are here to play the objective! if you camp main you are just going for kills. people at main should be given spawn protection and should be able to kill the enemy that's camping without taking damage within a certain range. That will solve the main camping! also any mines near main will automatically be deleted and count as a wasted asset.

• EcchiRevengeEcchiRevenge Member Posts: 150 ★★
    edited November 4

Do you have problem reading? Because my post literally covered your idea.

Quite literally the first sentence, in fact:

"People should be allowed to shoot in main(maybe not during staging period); and be able to shoot/hit people outside but not the other way around."