ePrivacy and GPDR Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent Skip to content

Sound cutting out with loud sounds

austrooperaustrooper SydneyMember Posts: 4 Civilian

Hi Guys,

This is really obscure but I'll give it a go.

I have Drop HD6XX Headphones paired with Shiit Audio IE Magni, set to high gain.

When I am or near an APC firing its cannon the sound disconnects for about 10 seconds, it feels like the driver is overloaded and when the membrane settles the sound comes back.

Has anyone experienced anything like this, it's it a specific frequency? or is the volume just too loud? I didn't know headphones would cut out like this.

Cheers

Comments

• GeebusGeebus Member Posts: 67 ★★

Try changing the audio quality to low in the game's audio settings menu.

• austrooperaustrooper SydneyMember Posts: 4 Civilian
  • GreyGrey USAMember Posts: 10 Civilian

"I didn't know headphones would cut out like this."

They don't, at least not traditional headphones (i.e. not bluetooth/USB/wireless.) The most likely culprit is your headphone amp going into protection due to excessive input volume. Reduce the level going into it, either by turning down Squad in your Windows Audio Mixer, or your global volume if this happens with any other program material like bass-heavy music.

Thanks for the responses. I was able to isolate the issue. I should have mentioned that I was using an Audioengine D1 as the DAC between the PC and the AMP. When I remove the D1 and use the PCs onboard output/DAC it resolved the issue.

Thanks again

• GreyGrey USAMember Posts: 10 Civilian

I think my original assessment is still relevant - the D1 is an amp and was likely slamming the input of the Magni. Any reason you were driving a headphone amp with another headphone amp? Stick with just the D1 if you feel you need a DAC.

I agree, I thought I could use the D1 as the DAC. Although you are 1000% right