ePrivacy and GPDR Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent Skip to content

Overhaul the Challenger 2 MBT

O iSpankiez xO iSpankiez x Member Posts: 2 Civilian

The main overarching issue I have is that the Challenger 2 is represented in-game without its combat kit. The MBT looks as though it is either going on a training exercise or into storage. It needs overhauled to look the part, as if its actually deployed into an active combat zone.

((I planned to show comparrison images, though every time I attempted to upload an image I got an error code))

I emplore anyone who disagrees with me to go to google images and google the challenger 2 in its recent deployments in actual combat such as in the middle east. It does not deploy without partial or the entire combat kit.

I've played the game for many years, even before the British faction was added, yet I can't help feel disheartened by the sheer lack of care compared to all the other armoured vehicles in the game, all the modern MBT's in the game are kitted out; The T72 has its skirt armour and its turret has its armour plates, the Challenger 2 does not. The Leopard 2 has its cage protection around most of the tank and rear of the turret, the Challenger 2 doesn't have any of its caging.

As a military enthusiast and British citizen, I pleed for a combat-spec Challenger 2, especially for the heavily urban maps in which the caging and side plate armour would naturally be equiped in the real life scenario!

Comments

• GeebusGeebus Member Posts: 67 ★★

This is something that I've noticed with American vehicles as well. It's always seemed a little off with how common AT is in this game that you don't have the cage armor for the Stryker or the BUSK or TUSK armor kits for the Bradley and Abrams.

• EcchiRevengeEcchiRevenge Member Posts: 141 ★★
    edited October 3

Remove 40mm warrior then. At the very least, remove the addon armor kit; nobody has any photo of warrior 40mm being used with add-on armor. (which is only natural because 40mm turret is heavier)

I emplore anyone who disagrees with me to go to google images and google the 40mm warrior in its "recent deployments in actual combat such as in the middle east." It does not deploy. LOL #cancelled

T-72B3 isn't even obr.2016; so it infact doesn't have the skirt armor...etc. (it kinda does have the small squares of ERA on the side but they don't actually work as ERA in-game, as in they barely reduce damage)

CR2 stats already reflects the capabilities of it with the addon kit. IIRC leotard2 in game with the cage is purely cosmetic too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/joinsquad/comments/mje47g/comment/gt9tlwq/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

If you want to see lack of care, try BMP-1/2. OWI couldn't even be bothered to put the correct missile on BMP-2, and BMP-1 straight up missing part(missile launch rack).

As a military enthusiast and not-britishcitizen, I consider RUS to require way more attention than BAF because of how RUS is one of the two non-Blufor "conventional" factions(and is the main punching bag for everyone, even for MEA who have superior weapons in many cases due to maps, like on kohat). UK already got newer optics...etc. as well has having statistically superior weaponry.

edited October 3

Also T-72B3 squares on the side is purely cosmetic.

• O iSpankiez xO iSpankiez x Member Posts: 2 Civilian

Don't push your own opinion as fact. The Warrior upgrade programme was indeed scrapped, yet, of the warriors that recieved the upgrade, they will stay in service with their CTAS40 until the boxer programme is fully implemented which as we all know will take atleast 10 years.

edited October 5

Don't try to discredit fact by calling it an opinion.

Once again I implore anyone who disagrees with me to go to google images and google the 40mm warrior in its "recent deployments in actual combat such as in the middle east." It does not deploy. LOL #cancelled

Again, last I checked nobody has any photo of warrior 40mm being used(as in actual use, not sitting in showroom) with add-on armor. Feel free to post it; but you're probably just going to post a photo of Ajax. (lol built-in vibrator for tenderizing their buttocks)

You probably think the ammo capacity of in-game 40mm is correct too. lol