ePrivacy and GPDR Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent Skip to content

Increase ticket value for IFVs & tanks to match Project Reality values

Dani3lDani3l Germany/NetherlandsMember Posts: 57

Iirc, tanks currently are 15 tickets, IFVs 10. Please increase to 20 and 15.

Comments

• GeebusGeebus Member Posts: 67 ★★

This changes nothing. Folks don't care how many tickets they are losing until they are almost out, and even at that point, it doesn't do much as its too late to change anything outside of a few rare circumstances.

I'm assuming you want this change to help encourage players to be more careful with their vehicles but I'd say you are looking in the wrong direction. The time between spawns of the vehicle makes a much bigger difference. Someone who has just lost their tank cares more about how long they are going to have to wait for a new vehicle to spawn than they are to care about tickets.

Also I'd keep in mind that there is only so far that upping the punishment for losing a vehicle goes towards making someone play better. Even if we were to double the ticket costs or respawn times, I'd highly doubt that players will start playing much better than they do now. It isn't like we have a massive problem of people recklessly losing vehicles because of their current values. If someone is blindly driving a vehicle straight into a horde of enemies then it is more down to lack of experience in general than to there not being a harsh enough penalty.

• EcchiRevengeEcchiRevenge Member Posts: 141 ★★

They need to reduce vehicle tankiness instead.

• EcchiRevengeEcchiRevenge Member Posts: 141 ★★
    edited October 3

Also PR has -1 for giveup and -1 for downs; so you going down and giving up is -2 tickets. That's why vehicle ticket cost is scaled up alongside infantry's.

Squad is casual so it has no such system.

You have committed the same oopsie as OWI: failure to see the system as a whole and instead picking individual features hoping it would make game better.

• Dani3lDani3l Germany/NetherlandsMember Posts: 57

Indeed, OWI should see the system as a whole and make the changes to be similar to PR.

• Red21Red21 Member Posts: 5 Civilian

Most people dont know how many tickets somting costs, not even the capture points. My qustion is more why can we give up at all before you can spawn at a FOB, exlusion shood be mean base. Tickets get veasted because thouse cod and bf players have to respawn emidetly just to see that they have to weat 20+ sec to spawn. Who the f. .. though that this is ekseptible ? So you can give up but you cant spawn like you shouldent because this is Squad not cod. But with that option the medics have a bad time trying to rewive some one just to see tham give up before. And than the community cant understand that medics dont realy revive people right. When you have a idiotic system that alows people to do somting that they shouldent be able to do and that couses some one like a medic to not revive people because of the system it means you dont know what that system is actualy cousing in the game.