ePrivacy and GPDR Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent Skip to content

Team Kill Notification

Rycon9Rycon9 Member Posts: 1 Civilian

I would like to be able to see if I was Team Killed.

It happens so often that I find myself frustrated with the game and not the players.

Even just an auto-post in the chat saying: "'player_name' was team killed"

Tagged:

Comments

• GeebusGeebus Member Posts: 140 ★★

I believe that this was intentionally left out so that retaliation for teamkills is less likely. I know that often I'll find myself dead to what I at first assumed was an enemy only find a minute later that it was a accidental teamkill when the guy comes up saying, "my bad". I very rarely find myself getting frustrated with teamkills in this game where in a game like Rising Storm 2 the immediate notification leaves no room for wondering where the killing bullet came from.

I'd say that this is one of those situations where less information is better. You knowing for certain that you were teamkilled doesn't really help you, especially considering that mass or repeated teamkills are easily solved by an admin.

• RackEmUp187RackEmUp187 Member Posts: 71 ★★

In Battlefield 4 you can punish the person that team kills you by pressing a button after receiving the notification in the chat box.

I do think after the first team kill, there should be some type of reflectored damage done to the player that accidentally shot somebody are extra careful now.

• scoobiscoobi UKMember Posts: 5 Civilian

Until the server TK limit is met there should be some sort of notification, so lets follow the chain of command. SL get a notification if squad member team kills, SL can then decide what to do, ignore (may have needed to do it due to object collision) warn, kick or compliment (team killed guy may be an arsehole). If SL team kills command gets notified. If a squad has multiple team kills command gets notified, it may be the SL who is an arsehole. If command team kills then as IRL higher command commits crime and gets away with it.

Shouldn't be up to the SL. A notification can come and it doesn't have to say who team killed. Then that person has 30 seconds to say sorry in chat or autokicked.

Another solution is to punish the player after team killed twice by the same person or add reflective damage after 1 TK to the tker

Forgot to add the reflective tk won't apply to command assets

• scoobiscoobi UKMember Posts: 5 Civilian

Sorry I cannot agree with reflective damage lowering the players health, this would mean that the rest of the team suffers by having that individual player more likely to die from enemy action or possibly tie up a medic who could be looking at someone else. Not all team kills are intentional, an example plant a mine on enemy route another squad drive over it, they all give up, why should you be kicked or suffer lower health for that? SL would be able to make a decision at that time or later if busy.

How would the rest of the team suffer? This would further help incentivize identitying a target before shooting. Like I said, it wouldn't happen at first maybe after 1 or two kills. Other games have done a good example of this. If the team is "suffering" bc an individual can't properly ID his target or mistakenly shot and killed someone and is at half health, then we have bigger issues.

This reflective damage wouldn't count for mine kills, just shooting and this also wouldn't apply to command assets as mentioned above.

My other solution was to have a notification saying that someone team killed you, but not saying who. This wouldn't be an issue if you are in a server with active admins who are watching the match, because they can see who team kills who. However, for the average player this would provide some relief rather than guessing if you got team killed.