[S&G] - A Squad Gaming Community
[S&G] has been a community of likeminded individuals since early 2020, but have recently started our very own Squad Server: [S&G] - Squad Gaming Europe
[S&G] started from only 6 of us enjoying a game together, and has now turned into a vast community known to many. We are a friendly home for all who enjoy gaming in a social environment. Our Discord Server is the heart of our community, and you may feel free to join us!
Discord at discord.gg/Jvyyh8wXnb
The rules have been taken as inspiration from other servers out there that we believed to influence a great atmosphere for those partaking.
They follow as:
= Discord Rules =
1. Be respectful towards others.
2. No spam In any of the Text channels.
3. Links must not contain any ads, porn, racism, disturbing content, or other types of discriminatory or derogatory speech.
4. No trolling.
5. Use the appropriate channel for whatever you are doing.
6. We have zero tolerance towards drama, racism, homophobia or any type of discrimination.
7. The minimum age for this Discord is 16.
= Server Rules = Admins have the right to remove anyone from the server that is deemed detrimental to the general atmosphere on the server or the level of teamwork / gameplay on the server at their discretion. Admin decisions and requests are to be respected at all times. If you wish to discuss such, please do so in our #contact_an_admin after following the admin's request.
1. Racism, Sexism, or Discrimination of any sort will NOT be tolerated! Any such chat - whether in text chat, or over comm's - will be met with a Ban!
2. Do not insult each other! Squad can get crazy sometimes, however that Is no reason to get irate and insult or harass other players.
3. Do not spam text chat or comm's! Try not to spam the Voice or Text comm's, doing so will be met with a Warning, continuing further will be met with your removal from the Server.
4. No recruiting of any sort, for Clans or Websites!
5. Don't ever intentionally team-kill, for any reason whatsoever - including in retaliation. If you do accidentally teamkill someone, apologise for it in ALL CHAT.
6. Do not camp enemy main bases. Do not go within 300m of the Enemy Main Base. This includes the placement of Mines and IED's. If you are being fired at from an enemy who is within that 300m radius, you can return fire. There may be exceptions to this rule on smaller maps, but if you are ever unsure, ask an Admin.
7. Squad Leaders are required to speak English, have a mic (and use it), equip an SL kit and actively play for relevant objectives. We expect SLs to cooperate with one another in command comm's, and make an effort to lead their squad (hence the requirement for an SL kit). We also expect them to not hinder the team by wasting assets trying to fight in areas not in play or relevant to the team's success (not active in or around attack / defence points or enemy FOBs, or on the way there) - the exception to this, of course, being smaller specialised squads like armour or mortar squads.
8. Do not make a squad unless you intend to lead it. Do not make a squad, then leave it. If you make a Squad, you are saying to the other players on your team that you feel confident enough to lead them. Don't make a squad then pass off SL to someone else, either. Also, don't make a squad solely to get a certain kit.
9. Squad Leaders may kick anyone from their squad for any reason. Please try to be civil when kicking people from your squad. If you're kicked from a squad, please don't argue about it, just join a different squad. If the reason you were kicked conflicts with one of our other server rules (e.g. racism / sexism / discrimination / minimum 4 to lock rule), please report it to the #contact_an_admin, so the offending SL can be dealt with. Please bear in mind that this is not a free license to not respect our "minimum 4 to lock" rule, detailed below - kicking anyone that joins while at 3 people to "soft lock" under 4 will be considered rule circumvention.
10. Do not lock your squad with less than 4 people in it. The minimum size for general infantry squads is 4. Specialised squads may be smaller, but must be named according to their intended role or the assets they intend to claim. Examples of such squads that are allowed are a dedicated HELI or "LOGI" squad, a "CMD" / "COMMAND" squad, a "MORTAR" squad, or an "SPG" / "30MM" / "WARRIOR" squad, which may all be smaller than 4 people. | Vehicle squads must name their squad after the exact asset / asset class being claimed - "30MM" / "APC" --- "ARMOUR" / "VEHICLES" is not an accepted claim.
11. Respect specialised, named squads - don't take claimed assets. Specialised squads, such as squads named "LOGI", "BTR 30MM", "APC" or "IFV", have the first claim on the vehicles named. First come, first serve applies - if there are multiple specialised squads trying to claim the same vehicle(s), the first squad to have created their named squad's claim takes precedence. In the case of a squad claiming several assets to fulfil a defined role (such as APC transport, IFV support), we expect you to have enough people in your squad to properly man these vehicles. Please see the next rule for more on this.
12. Do not one-man APCs, IFVs or MBTs - these require a full crew at all times. - Heli's are allowed to be 1-manned - do make sure to cooperate with other SLs over command comm's, and provide supplies where they're necessary. - Techies and light transport / support vehicles (BRDM / MRAP) that don't require a crewman kit to operate may be 1-manned (this includes the Spandrel / TOW MRAP, and Insurgent AA truck). - APCs and IFVs require a 2-man crew (all variants, including MTLBs, Bulldogs and the AA BMP). - MBTs require a 2-man crew (driver; gunner), However it is recommended that you have a 3-man crew to be as effective as possible.
13. Do not grief, troll, or waste assets. Intentionally getting friendly assets destroyed, "throwing" a match, driving a Logi truck into enemy-held territory, or having your entire squad head off to a part of the map entirely not in play to spend the whole match building a giant, pointless FOB together are all examples of behaviour that breaks this rule, as is negligent asset use (e.g. ignoring the map and driving into enemies with an APC). This includes deserting vehicles in the field, whether they're APCs / IFVs, or Logi trucks - do not treat them as disposable; treat them as valuable assets to protect and make use of. In addition - "sacrificing" friendly assets to disable or destroy enemy assets will also be considered asset wastage, an example being using a Heli to ram an enemy Heli to try and take it down.
14. Do not share any sort of team intel with the enemy team. This includes sharing friendly positions, ticket counts, or anything else that only your team knows / can see.
15. Abusing exploits to gain an advantage over others or using cheats of any sort will result in a ban. Hiding in a rock that lacks player clipping so you can't get hit would be an example of abusing an exploit, as is hiding a radio inside another object. Use of cheats will be brought to the attention of OWI, and result in a full game ban.
16. Ghosting and stream sniping will be met with a permanent ban.
17. Inactive / unassigned players will be kicked Please join a squad if you're unassigned. Unassigned players will be seen as AFK and kicked to make room for others, accordingly.(edited)
If the server player count is lower than 50 players, the following seeding rules are also in effect. Once there are more than 50 players on the server, a broadcast will be put out stating the game is live.
1. Do not take out enemy HABs / FOBs. Keep fighting to the middle caps.
2. Don't build FOBs / HABs on middle caps (as those will be fought over).
3. Do not use offensive vehicles. Only use transport and logistics vehicles.
4. Do not use mortar tubes, HMG emplacements, or other offensive FOB emplacements.
5. Do not cross the red line that is drawn close to the middle cap!