BB | Bloodbound [EU/ENG]
Who are we?
Blood Bound was originally a Project Reality clan created by PR veterans Hudson and Ark. Since the Clan's humble origins, it has been rebuilt from the ground up, reinvigorated with a new breath of life, and has grown steadily. Over this past year BB has transformed from an underdog into one of Squads most successful communities and one of Squads most popular servers.
The players wearing the BB tags are a group of like-minded individuals who have come a long way from a shared past that ties us together. BB is continually expanding, and we are always looking out for those people who play as a team, have the skill and mindset of a serious Squad player - but who also know how to have a bit of fun! We pride ourselves on our ability to balance good, coordinated team-play along with a good-natured and respectful sense of humor.
Outside of Squad we also play an array of games, with members free to enjoy whatever they want to play. Our discord is the heart of Blood Bound. This is our corner of the net where we hang out and play games with the rest of the world, and we welcome everyone to our community!
The servers we run:
BB | Blood Bound - ENG ⇉ discord.me/bloodboundbb
BB | Blood Bound Event Server ENG ⇉ discord.me/bloodboundbb
Our Discord link:
(As of 5th of September 2021, see Discord for most up-to-date ruleset always!)
1. Always be respectful towards others, you can have discusions and arguments just keep them civil.
2. No spam.
3. Links may not contain any kind of advertisements, pornography, racism or other types of discriminatory or derogatory speech, disturbing content (for example: gore).
4. No trolling.
5. When gaming, use the appropriate channel.
6. Anyone that is in need of silence is asked to make use of the built in mute function OR the quiet channel without disturbing others. All members of BB should utilize discord as much as possible while gaming. Staying in touch is key.
7. If you have criticism share it constructively or you will be shown the door.
8. We have zero tolerance towards drama, racism, homophobia or any type of discrimination.
9. The minimum age for this Discord is 16.
10. Due to discussions regarding political topics often becoming quite heated, any mention of or links to political content will not be allowed. We are a gaming community, not Facebook.
Squad Server Rules
Admins reserve the right to remove anyone from the server that is deemed detrimental to the general atmosphere on the server or the level of teamwork / gameplay on the server at their discretion. Admin decisions and requests are to be respected at all times. If you wish to discuss such, please do so in our server_feedback channel after following the admin's request.
1. No racism, sexism, or discrimination of any sort will be tolerated Any such chat - whether in text chat, or over comms - will be met with administrative action. This includes offensive player or squad names.
2. Do not insult each other We understand that things can get hectic and in the heat of the moment, tempers may flare and arguments can happen, but this does not mean we'll tolerate an argument only escalating due to direct insults being flung back and forth. Try to keep the atmosphere on the server enjoyable. If you can't resolve it - drop it and play on.
3. Do not spam text chat or comms Spamming things over comms and disrupting the game, or clogging up text chat will be first warned for, then punished.
4. Do not recruit for your clan or advertise websites or streams on the server Self-explanatory - don't advertise for your own Discord / community / clan or try to recruit on the server or Discord. Don't advertise your stream, either. Don't advertise for things like skin gambling websites, either. This includes having a website as part of your nickname.
5. Don't ever intentionally team-kill, for any reason whatsoever - including in retaliation If you're intentionally team-killed (for example, after an argument), call the attention of an admin and let them handle it. Please apologise for any accidental TKs in all chat so admins know they were accidental.
6. Do not camp enemy main bases If your team manages to cap the enemy's last cap - defend that cap, but don't advance on the enemy's main base. This rule includes planting mines / IEDs too close to enemy main bases; as a rule of thumb, keep mines / IEDs 250m away from enemy main bases. Due to some maps being quite small compared to others, the closest allowed proximity of mines / IEDs to enemy mains may be relaxed a bit on maps like Sumari, where they are allowed right up 'till the "Checkpoint" cap zone. When in doubt, ask an admin. If an admin requests you to pull back with a vehicle that you're pinning the enemy's exits from their main base with, please do so - usually, the enemy team will be expected to use different exits from their main and adjust to the situation on the battlefield, but on some maps / layers, this can be problematic (think of Narva's RU main base location), and the admin team's first priority is always maintaining a decent level of gameplay and atmosphere on the server.
7. Squad Leaders are required to speak English, have a mic (and use it), equip an SL kit and actively play for relevant objectives We expect SLs to cooperate with one another in command comms, and make an effort to lead their squad (hence the requirement for an SL kit). We also expect them to not hinder the team by wasting assets trying to fight in areas not in play or relevant to the team's success (not active in or around attack / defense points or enemy FOBs, or on the way there) - the exception to this, of course, being smaller specialised squads like armour or mortar squads.
8. Do not make a squad unless you intend to lead it Don't make a squad, then leave it and make another - this doesn't help "seed" squads, but just causes chaos at the start of a match. Don't make a squad then pass off SL to someone else, either. Also, don't make a squad solely to get a certain kit.
9. Squad Leaders may kick anyone from their squad for any reason Please try to be civil when kicking people from your squad. If you're kicked from a squad, please don't argue about it, but join a different squad. If the reason you were kicked conflicts with one of our other server rules (e.g. racism / sexism / discrimination / minimum 4 to lock rule), please report it so the offending SL can be dealt with. Please bear in mind that this is not a free license to not respect our "minimum 4 to lock" rule, detailed below - kicking anyone that joins while at 3 people to "soft lock" under 4 will be considered rule circumvention.
10. Do not lock your squad with less than 4 people in it The minimum size for general infantry squads is 4. Specialised squads may be smaller, but must be named according to their intended role or the assets they intend to claim. Examples of such squads that are allowed are a dedicated HELI or "LOGI" squad, a "CMD" / "COMMAND" squad, a "MORTAR" squad, or an "SPG" / "30MM" / "WARRIOR" squad, which may all be smaller than 4 people. Kicking anyone that joins while at 3 people to "soft lock" under 4 will be considered rule circumvention.
Vehicle squads must name their squad after the exact asset / asset class being claimed - i.e. a name like "30MM" / "APC" is fine, but a generic name such as "ARMOUR" / "VEHICLES" is not. Bear in mind that regardless of your intended squad size and purpose, you will still be expected to cooperate and communicate with other squads / the rest of your team, and that you should still be using your assets effectively (in reference to potential asset wastage).
Vehicles that can be claimed by squad name: - all vehicles that require crewman role - vehicles that have a specialised role / remote weapon system (eg. Kornet Simir, SPG Techie, CROWS MRAP, BRDM-2, ZU-23 MTLB) Vehicles with an open gunner position such as the open-top MRAP, open-top Bulldog, open-top TIGR, Kord / MG3 Simir, etc. cannot be claimed by squad name, nor will they be considered valid for locking a squad as specialised, under the required amount specified for general infantry squads (4).
11. Respect specialised, named squads - don't take claimed assets Specialised squads, such as squads named "LOGI", "BTR 30MM", "APC" or "IFV", have the first claim on the vehicles named. First come, first serve applies - if there are multiple specialised squads trying to claim the same vehicle(s), the first squad to have created their named squad's claim takes precedence. In the case of such squads being made within a very short time of one another, we expect SLs of these squads to fairly, and maturely come to an agreement concerning these assets. In the case of a squad claiming several assets to fulfill a defined role (such as APC transport, IFV support), we expect you to have enough people in your squad to properly man these vehicles. Please see the next rule for more on this.
Please do not "hog" assets, and claim the same ones several rounds in a row; be a good sport and allow others a chance to use them in further rounds, also. We expect to not have to police this, so please be considerate of other players.
12. Vehicles that require the use of crewman kits (whether for driver, gunner, or both) must be operated by at least 2 crew members at all times. - Helis are allowed to be 1-manned - do make sure to cooperate with other SLs over command comms, and provide supplies where they're necessary. - Techies and light transport / support vehicles (BRDM / MRAP) that don't require a crewman kit to operate may be 1-manned (this includes the Spandrel / TOW MRAP, and Insurgent AA truck).
13. Do not grief, troll, or waste assets Intentionally getting friendly assets destroyed, "throwing" a match, driving a logi truck into enemy-held territory, or having your entire squad head off to a part of the map entirely not in play to spend the whole match building a giant, pointless FOB together are all examples of behaviour that breaks this rule, as is negligent asset use (e.g. ignoring the map and driving into enemies with an APC). This includes deserting vehicles in the field, whether they're APCs / IFVs, or logi trucks - do not treat them as disposable; treat them as valuable assets to protect and make use of. In addition - "sacrificing" friendly assets to disable or destroy enemy assets will also be considered asset wastage, an example being using a heli to ram an enemy heli to try and take it down.
14. Do not share any sort of team intel with the enemy team This includes sharing friendly positions, ticket counts, or anything else that only your team knows / can see.
15. Abusing exploits to gain an advantage over others or using cheats of any sort will result in a ban Hiding in a rock that lacks player clipping so you can't get hit would be an example of abusing an exploit, as is hiding a radio inside another object. Use of cheats will be brought to the attention of OWI, and result in a full game ban.
16. Ghosting and stream sniping will be met with a permanent ban
17. Inactive / unassigned players will be kicked Please join a squad if you're unassigned. Unassigned players will be seen as AFK and kicked to make room for others, accordingly.
Seeding rules If the server player count is lower than 50 players, the following seeding rules are also in effect. Once there are more than 50 players on the server, a broadcast will be put out stating the game is live.
1. Do not take out enemy HABs / FOBs Keep fighting to the middle caps.
2. Don't build FOBs / HABs on middle caps (as those will be fought over)
3. Do not use offensive vehicles Only use transport and logistics vehicles.
4. Do not use mortar tubes, HMG emplacements, or other offensive FOB emplacements