Skip to content

Make Squad more friendly to casual and new players

tzaerutzaeru Member Posts: 27

Hi y'all,

So we all can probably agree on that Squad has a pretty steep learning curve. Some of this could be alleviated with a more informative UI, better tutorial and more in-game knowledge easily available.

Here's a small list of things that are currently confusing, easy to miss, or not told about anywhere in the game, but wouldn't need to be so:

• No way to know the radius of cap zones except by experience. Would be easy to mitigate by showing the cap radius for every point on the map.
  • Construction maxes out at 3 players shoveling. This isn't told anywhere in the game far as I can tell. The game could as well not allow shoveling if 3 people are already shoveling.
  • The icons on top right corner of the map that show ticket counts etc are missed by a lot of players. Just yesterday I was playing with a friend who had 250 hours in the game and he had never noticed those icons.
  • Insurgents still have a buddy rally, or so I've been told!
  • The rules regarding how FOBs are overran doesn't seem to be anywhere in the UI? Maybe they are. Idk. But the fact that I don't know and I've 350 hours kinda tells enough about it.

These are just some points off the top of my head. There's no doubt a ton more. Feel free to add your own points!

Comments

• RackEmUp187RackEmUp187 Member Posts: 34

Have a custom friendly name tag scale size like Hell Let loose. Hell let loose let's you keep the friendly tag from far away on. It would be user preference and you can adjust how far you want to see the name tags. This would be useful because there's been lots of new players team killing and this would help to avoid and doesn't hurt the game. The name tags go away in vehicle turrets it seems and can be confusong for some new players who are fighting Russians vs candians.