Make Squad more friendly to casual and new players
So we all can probably agree on that Squad has a pretty steep learning curve. Some of this could be alleviated with a more informative UI, better tutorial and more in-game knowledge easily available.
Here's a small list of things that are currently confusing, easy to miss, or not told about anywhere in the game, but wouldn't need to be so:
- No way to know the radius of cap zones except by experience. Would be easy to mitigate by showing the cap radius for every point on the map.
- Construction maxes out at 3 players shoveling. This isn't told anywhere in the game far as I can tell. The game could as well not allow shoveling if 3 people are already shoveling.
- The icons on top right corner of the map that show ticket counts etc are missed by a lot of players. Just yesterday I was playing with a friend who had 250 hours in the game and he had never noticed those icons.
- Insurgents still have a buddy rally, or so I've been told!
- The rules regarding how FOBs are overran doesn't seem to be anywhere in the UI? Maybe they are. Idk. But the fact that I don't know and I've 350 hours kinda tells enough about it.
These are just some points off the top of my head. There's no doubt a ton more. Feel free to add your own points!