Skip to content

The matchmaker continues to be the main reason I don't play Squad all that much

tzaerutzaeru Member Posts: 27

Hi y'all,

So first off I absolutely do adore Squad, it's a great game, I always check out new patch notes, and I do play it semi-actively.

But the single largest reason behind why I play it probably half less than I otherwise would is the poor matchmaking experience.

There are still issues like:

• Favorites not really working (if they do, I don't know they're supposed to work, I've favourited servers several times but my favorites list is again empty).
  • Sometimes when you refresh the server browser list, it doesn't load any servers. It takes several minutes to resolve this issue.

And of course a bunch of missing features, such as:

• being able to queue for a server your friend is on directly over Steam player list
  • queuing as a group
  • more filters, like filtering by ping (though the pings seem to be sometimes totally random so idk, but maybe this could be filter by region or something), queue size, mod status, map rotations, etc etc

Overall it takes way too long to get into a game. If, right now, I want to have a quality game from scratch to finish, it might take me more than 30 minutes to even start that game. First I have to find a server with an acceptable ping, then I have to eyeball the queues and take a random one that I think is going to let me in first, then I might get in to the last 15 minutes of the map.. And then I finally might get a full game.

I do understand that a lot of the issues are not fixable without getting more players to Squad. The game will probably never have an automated matchmaking process, and that's fine.

But the bugs can be fixed, filter options expanded and so on. That would already cut down on the time it takes to actually get into a full game.

Comments

• fuzzheadtffuzzheadtf Member Posts: 5 ★★

Hey tzaeru, great feedback thank you. There is still alot of improvements that we want to address in the server browser and making it faster for players to be able to find and join a server that offers them the ideal atmosphere and community spirit they are looking for.

As for server favorites, we had fixed an issue with this in a v2.xx update, have you been encountering issues with it since then?

• PharanaitonPharanaiton belgiumMember Posts: 5

You forgot to tell the part where you finally come to a match from the beginning and now half of the server left.

• tzaerutzaeru Member Posts: 27

Favorites seem to be working fine yea, I was actually coming back from a long break and favorites had disappeared in the meanwhile. Now they seem to have stayed.