ePrivacy and GPDR Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent Skip to content

"Lighting/Shadows UAT Playtest - June 27th 2021" Feedback

Mycroft331Mycroft331 Member Posts: 2 Civilian

Just wanted to submit my feedback here on the forums for my experience with the new lighting playtest event. I joined in for rounds on Skorpo, Kamdesh, and Talil Tanks. I also took some screenshots to highlight the current lighting and shadow effects. The lighting changes look awesome in the outdoor environments, and the shadows are at a nice contrast. However, I felt that the shadow effects indoors were a little extreme and made every building feel super dark. I wonder if this is intentional for indoor spots, or perhaps I am just so used to the current version's lighting indoors that this playtest felt so jarring.

In regards to performance, I felt that my frame rate was similar to what I experience on the current version of Squad, ranging from 80FPS to 110FPS with the occasional dips down to 60FPS due to high graphical activity. Overall I'm really impressed with the changes and the associated performance for my setup.

Specs

Monitor: 1440p 144hz

GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070Ti

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600

RAM: 16GB DDR4

Tagged:

Comments

• Mycroft331Mycroft331 Member Posts: 2 Civilian

I wanted to share my screenshots here but keep getting a 403 error code when uploading. I also am unable to post an album link from Imgur.