Skip to content

Additional older MBT for Insurgents and Irregular Militia.

UAZcowUAZcow Member Posts: 5 Civilian

I think 2 T-62's in hands of these fractions is a bit off.

i'm not trying to say that two t-62 are OP or something like that.

These fractions are fighting with what they have and two fully functional t-62 at the same time should be rare for those fractions instead i suggest to add T-55A that will be a bit worse than t-62 but still can hold bradley's APFSDS round in front upper and lover plates,"3UBR6" and "3UBR8" round's respectively in hull, turret cant be penetrated with these autocannon shells in front and sides, but T-55 will not stand any LAT or HAT rockets neither the tank shell's or all sorts of TOW's that will penetrate his front hull and turret armor.

For this tank specifically could be added the "BR-412D" /APCBC shell that contains some explosive inside and when shell penetrates the armor it explodes inside that cause big damage to the target.

"BR-412D" should have lower penetration than his APFSDS/"3BM25" shell but due to age of the tank there isn't much APFSDS left in storage and because of that, ammunition load would consists of 20 "BR-412D" shell's, 10 "3BM25" Shell's, 10 "OF-412" high explosive(not anti-tank) shell's and 3 "3D3" smoke shell's.

It's hard to say what these shell's could penetrate in front armor and what could not but these light armored vehicles: BMP-1, BMP-2,BTR-80,BTR-82A,STRYKER'S, and Bradley. "BR-412D" and "3BM25" shell's should be able to penetrate front armor. in case of penetration by "BR-412" in side of enemy tanks it should take of 1/3 hp of tank but not make any damage to part's, if "BR-412" hit's engine it destroys it and take 1/3 of enemy tank's hp. in case of penetration by "3BM25" it deals same damage as t-62's "3BM-4" shell.

(this part is how i would balance that tank)

Example:

US side:

armor: Two Bradley's

Insurgents side:

armor: 1 BMP-1 and 1 random t-62 OR t-55

Tagged:

Comments

• UAZcowUAZcow Member Posts: 5 Civilian

edit1: in battles when there two tanks for each team T-55 and T-62 should be random(like 1 T-55 and 1 T-62 or 2 T55's or 2 T-62's).

• crazycowcrazycow Member Posts: 6 Civilian

how many layers have two tanks for irregulars or insurgents? I can only think of one.

• EcchiRevengeEcchiRevenge Member Posts: 90 ★★
    edited June 28

T-62 has already been nerfed to fully 100mm UFP(where as before, it had a big chunk of stalinium in front of ammorack).

Not that it was ever good; the commander's position was even taking place of gunner nightsights...

Bradleys should due to 2 or less shots from any MBT; because it has ~6s reload missile that two-shots any mbt.

What irregular forces need is realistic SPG-9/BMP-1.

Current trajectory on PG-9 is way too curved(irl it has around 665m/s velocity; in-game it's only around 400, without the rocket booster - barely any better than RPG-7), it can point-and-click with pointblank range of 7-800m depending on target size(2-2.75m) and round, that's why rangefinder starts at 600m, because anything under can just be aimed at directly to guarantee a hit somewhere(not counting dispersion). Same reason RPG-7 rangefinder starts at 200m.

Essentially in-game BMP-1's HEAT has the trajectory similar to IRL's HE-frag(much worse, no rocket booster) - which is very similar to that of RPG-7.

That, and convert the rest of BMP hull based vehicles(like **** AA guns) to BMP-1AM standard for Militia.

edited June 28

Even better, add the brows...etc. or Kontakt-1 to bring T-62 to T-62M/MV standard.

With the ATGM, for militia.

BMP series also has various model issues that needed to be fixed; but owi won't because it's all outsourced garbage.

edited June 28

For "balance" even two T-62 vs. two Bradleys would give Bradleys the advantage, because the autocannons are more flexible and it doesn't have the "use coax then reload maingun issue."

It's also impossible to ammorack bradley frontally last I checked, due to massive penetration blocker between the rear of engine and rest of the hull, where as you can one-shot T-62 from the front(again due to the 100mm nerf).

So why even bother making a T-55?

You might as well import IS-2/3(iirc there was a functional IS-3 in ukranian riots) and give it the 122mm APHE that one-shots Bradley, that might have been more fair or at least interesting.

hm, you probably right since i don't have much experience in squad.

But i didn't look at T-55 as a buff for insurgents and irregular militia.

i've looked at it as more authentic for the these fractions to have outdated and not standardized weapons.

with IS-3 it would be cool but it is quite slow. and it would be easily penetrated by ATGM's so if it get's in the line of fire tank is possibly dead. And you cant really use them by now in ukranian conflict separatist were unable to shoot the gun cuz it was demobilized.

hm, you probably right since i don't have much experience in squad.

But i didn't look at T-55 as a buff for insurgents and irregular militia.

i've looked at it as more authentic for the these fractions to have outdated and not standardized weapons.

with IS-3 it would be cool but it is quite slow. and it would be easily penetrated by ATGM's so if it get's in the line of fire tank is possibly dead. And you cant really use them by now in ukranian conflict separatist were unable to shoot the gun cuz it was demobilized.

(Forget to quote sorry)

edited June 28

OWI has basically no one working on models(otherwise they would have T-90A released by now). If you want to suggest anything, better be sure it doesn't involve making new models.

Hell, they couldn't even get AKM/AK-74/RPK to look correct.

They're all easily penetrated by ATGM.

D-30 field guns exist and it's not impossible to fit it on IS-3(iirc there was project to fit D-30 onto IS-6, so it can be assumed that the breech...etc. can be changed to D-25T ones).

"Factory #9 completed experiments on the prototype tank gun (under its own initiative), which consists of:

1. D-25's monobloc;
    2. D-10's breech and gas block;
    3. Balancing mechanism with two springs;
    4. Lengthened D-25 mount;
    5. Fume extractor mechanism." Basically if those aforementioned parts were not destroyed, it's entirely possible to bring it back to life.

Even if it's possible IS-3 is still will be slow, big and easy target for LAT or HAT even on distance.

but in general i think either IS-3 either T-55 would be cool addition to the gameplay for insurgent's or irregular militia

And if it goes to balance the fractions that have IED's why do not make standalone car bomb? They're quite effective against almost any target if used right.

or more captured vehicles spawned mid-battle like they were captured during fight. (MRAP's,M1117,M113 etc..)

• crazycowcrazycow Member Posts: 6 Civilian

This is your brain on war thunder.