Skip to content

What are we going to get as AA systems.

BahreinBahrein Republic of SerbiaMember Posts: 15

I saw some attack helis pictures couple of days ago.Was just wondering what are we going to get as AA systems since we already have transport helis in game and really no AA systems,except ZSU-23-2 for Insurgents and Militia factions.

Some info about that would be nice and if we are even getting attack helis or its just some modes people are making?

Comments

• RybecRybec CanadaMember Posts: 19 ★★

PR had a dedicated AA kit that was as scarce as the HAT kit. Having one or two guys per team with an igla or stinger wouldn't be overwhelming to pilots but they would have to expect a lock when flying to a contested area.

If we don't get any manpads I'd really like to see small-arms do something to pilots. At the very least let me destroy the canopy of some goober hovering so he either needs to land and repair to see or have a hard time getting home. You can dump belts into a helicopter with zero results.

• BahreinBahrein Republic of SerbiaMember Posts: 15

I tend to think todays one tandem and one lat shots to the heli and he keeps flying just dose not work properly.When i have a HAT or Lat kits i just dont waste time with them.When i am in a vehicle then its a different story then.I mean you are carful with any type of vhicle you drive in game (mostly) but when you look at helis they mostly drive armound the map freely wit not much care in the world only TOW is more or less a real threat,if the heli is not laging that is.With ZSU-23-2 i even shoot one heli my self and a team mate shot another with his ZSU-23-2 on a back of the truck.When they put scopes on it it actually works better and is nicer to use now.

If the developers would introduce Igla,Stinger and things like that then the helis needs to have flares and other things to disrupt the rocket lock.

And if the attack hels are really coming in then Shilka,Tunguska,and other SPAA systems are needed.

• saint_lumsaint_lum Member Posts: 7 Civilian

I don't think they're necessary, personally. It's hard enough not to get shot down by 30 mils, MGs on your tail rotor and the ever present TOWs.

• BahreinBahrein Republic of SerbiaMember Posts: 15

Yeah not now.I was talking about if they implement attack helis i was talking about that.

But i would not complain if they put in some hand held AA systems even now.