Skip to content

What kits can a 3-man squad be

LeChurchLeChurch Member Posts: 1 Civilian

I just bought the game for a friend, and we’re wanting to play as a 3-man squad, so we’re wondering if we can be anything beyond the basic stuff.

I know that a fair amount of kits are unlocked by having more fellas in your squad, I was just wonder if 3 people was good enough.

Comments

• GeebusGeebus Member Posts: 45 ★★

I'd really recommend not going the route of making private squads for you and your buddies. Outside of locked squads for vehicles, lots of little locked 2-3 man "buddy squads" as I like to call them really do no good for your team. You making that locked squad takes away from valuable manpower that would be put to better use in one of the 3-5 dedicated infantry squads. Really all that you would be doing is assisting squads. You wouldn't actually have the manpower to get anything real done. At that point you would be much better off joining into one of those open squads and really contributing that way.

• saint_lumsaint_lum Member Posts: 7 Civilian

Definitely bring a medic. And an SL kit. The 3rd just depends on your situation

• EcchiRevengeEcchiRevenge Member Posts: 79 ★★
    edited May 25

Crewmen and LAT, using armored cars.

• CR8ZCR8Z Member Posts: 13 ★★

I don't disagree with what Geebus is saying, but at the same time, it's your game, your dime and your time. Just make sure you follow server rules as some don't allow locked squads with less than 4 players.

With that said, it depends on what you want to do. You can't go wrong with an SL, Medic and Rifleman or LAT kit. At the very least, make sure you have an SL and Medic. Most of the other kits will probably be locked anyway because you don't have enough members in your squad. So, consider what you want to do and what role your squad will have.

You could run logistics. Grab a logi and an MRAP and caravan to the various HABs and keep the team supplied.

Go on HAB search and destroy missions. High risk, high reward. You're less likely to be detected as a smaller squad, but easier to take out.

Ambush supply lines. Wait for an unsuspecting logi to make its way to the front and light it up with an AR and guns blazing.

Post up at a friendly HAB and super FOB it. Build defenses and have fun learning how that works.

You can do a lot with a 3-man squad. Less than you can with a full contingent, but my goal is always to have fun. So, if you're having fun, then you're probably doing it right. 😁

• NecrosexualNecrosexual Member Posts: 3 Civilian

HAT

LAT

Combat Engineer

MEDIC's

Small specialized squads are more of an advanced player thing but if there are only 2 other people it's easier to teach them.

Find out what your boys enjoy the most and train them in jensens on that equipment.