ePrivacy and GPDR Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent Skip to content

What would you like to see in Infantry/Gunplay in next patches?

Doctor HammerDoctor Hammer Member Posts: 23 ★★

I guess I will start with stating what I would like to see in the future of Infantry in Squad.

Weapon Handling:

1) Full Auto Recoil Change - In it's current iteration recoil is exponential, meaning that the longer you hold your fire the recoil will increase as you hold it. In my opinion this recoil system is very unsatisfying as it doesn't give you the ability to manage the recoil consistently. Don't get me wrong, you can definitely learn the recoil and run around spraying, but it doesn't mean it's fun while doing it. I would like a more consistent form of recoil.

I would like to see a recoil that is constant, however the spray pattern should get worse over time. This means the longer you hold down your spray the recoil will add horizontal elements to it over time. This means you would be able to master a short consistent spray, but will disallow a consistency at longer spray times. This would allow players to feel a sense of mastery while not giving an insane amount of spray control to all 50 players.

2) Suppression Changes - In my opinion I believe suppression as a mechanic, doesn't achieve what it's meant to achieve.

Let me explain before you all jump at my throat. Suppression's intended mechanic is to be used as a tool in order to "pin" enemy players down. However, what we see has happened is suppression is a "side effect" rather than an actual mechanic. When I get into a fight in squad (and I like to think I know how to play the game) I don't ever think "hmm i'm gonna shoot at this guy to give him weapon sway in order to achieve a maneuver" instead what I think is " okay there is a guy, let me shoot at him.. oh **** he's shooting at me now my gun is swaying okay i'll keep spamming" It has become a side effect not a tool. it happens in 1v1 engagements, it happens through buildings and walls... it's a terribly implemented mechanic.

Now you may be wondering why I would I want to revert it? well it's pretty simple. in v9 when people were accurate due to less weapon sway and no suppression mechanic. People were terrifying to repeek especially with dead dead. You knew you were gonna get your head taken off if you peeked, and in my opinion that's the best "suppression" you can get. That fear knowing you were gonna get lasered if you peeked an enemy after you got revived or if you got hit before. Feeling the fact that the player on the other side was a good player and you could tell by the cadence of his shots. That natural fear was amazing and played well, and if you watch gameplay over the versions of v9-v15 you could see the transition from Accurate shooting to Spam shooting arm flailing nonsense.

So I believe just removing that effect will make the gun play much tighter and more fun in general, and with the reintroduction of dead dead it would be a nice compliment.

3) Single Fire Recoil - In my opinion I think this is a very simple fix, the devs want to add this "PiP" scope nonsense to "balance" optics and spam shooting, this is simply ridiculous and making a complicated solution to a simple problem.

Just add more vertical and horizontal recoil. PUBG does this great with how the Mini14 and SLR work. I would suggest just watching videos of how those two guns shoot (or go test it yourself) and see how nice it feels and see how spamming isn't valid due to the higher hori/vert recoils.

4) Stamina Change - I would suggest adding more stamina to the pool and removing the "move slower with less stamina"

Keep movement speed consistent, and disallow sprinting at 0 stamina. Increase stamina pool by at least 100%. This will make the movement much more consistent and less annoying as you have to stop go stop go stop go. I would rather it be more of "okay I have to move here, I am gonna use half my stamina getting there then I can think where to go next" I will allow a bit more planning rather than the stop go stop go or just straight "go with nostamina" meta.

5) QE Spam - once again the devs made a complicated solution to a simple problem.

Just make the lean slower everytime you lean just like crouch spam in CSGO. The fact that you can't regenerate stamina while crouch leaning is insane. I am being punished for playing patiently and holding a tight angle. It makes 0 sense and was one of the worst movement changes implemented.

Let me know your ideas!

Cheers,

Doc

Comments

• EcchiRevengeEcchiRevenge Member Posts: 127 ★★
    edited May 22

1) yes, start off as a high(perhaps increasing) 5-6 shots vertical then vertical lessens but horizontal recoil increases at least 2x.

2) start by giving base ads sway an increase by 100% - that would make stamina change somewhat okay. Nobody cares about going down because there's abundance of rally/habs anyway, that needs to be fixed first.

Forcing people to give up special kit(have to respawn as rifleman and re-request kit at appropriate sources) after dying would help a lot more.

3) PIP(the fake technique) scopes are still good to add if they ever get it to work. There's a lot more ways to balance optics/ironsights such as less exaggerated gravity on bullets(so ironsights can just aim at enemy instead of do holdover which causes people to lose sight of enemy more often than not, or adjust sight to further ranges which often causes rounds to go over people's head due to bad ballistics) and increased sway(maybe more sway for weapons with optics) as mentioned above.

They definitely need to learn from pubg, pubg has normal gravity modifier + a decent approximation of air resistance (pubg would have been so much better if it didn't have unrealistic leaning) iirc.

Current recoil is way too vertical and is easily countered by mouse macro anyway.

(also foregrip weapons need double the current horizontal recoil)

4) only if acceleration is lowered plus the aforementioned base sway increase(so it punishes going down to 0 stamina right before engagement a bit more).

5) there just needs to be a delay between Q and E presses.

edited May 22

-----

• Doctor HammerDoctor Hammer Member Posts: 23 ★★

2) start by giving base ads sway an increase by 100% - that would make stamina change somewhat okay. Nobody cares about going down because there's abundance of rally/habs anyway, that needs to be fixed first.

Forcing people to give up special kit(have to respawn as rifleman and re-request kit at appropriate sources) after dying would help a lot more.

@EcchiRevenge I'm not sure I understand this. Can you clarify by what you mean ? I was left confused.

You can increase the effect of "suppression" with more sway(on the receiving end; also bipods don't have sway).

People are just not going to care enough about going down/giving up since they don't die irl and they're not kicked from server when they go down, so they have to be "encouraged" by extra game mechanics.

This is simply not true. Dead dead is what gives that incentive on top of accurate fire. Suppression now with dead dead just leads to frustrating gameplay it doesn't make me "hit the deck" the weapon sway + suppression is already ridiculous. There are instances where a whole team is fighting on a flag and everyone has the suppression effect. It's terrible.

edited May 23

Dead-dead as of recent "update" just means people who just got revived will go dead next time they go down within a certain time...etc. Headshots don't automatically force people to spawn screen iirc.

That's completely irrelevant if people give up instantly. Which is absolutely a solid option in average squad games where medics are typical new players who have no idea what's going on.

Then what needs to be adjusted is how suppression effect is applied, not turn it off.

Or if you want to turn if off, more default weapon sway(so the ones being ambushed, probably low on stamina sprinting to another spot, will suffer more). That will shift more power to bipods hence "suppression" with lmg is more viable.

• SaturnSaturn Member Posts: 1 Civilian

I think suppression is a great mechanic. If anything I would make it more impactful not remove it.

There are mods that have increased it and no one plays them because it isn't fun. You can go and try them, "Athena" mod is one of them. It isn't played.

• RybecRybec CanadaMember Posts: 20 ★★

Passive weapon resting like Red Orchestra or Arma3 would be nice.