What would you like to see in Infantry/Gunplay in next patches?
I guess I will start with stating what I would like to see in the future of Infantry in Squad.
1) Full Auto Recoil Change - In it's current iteration recoil is exponential, meaning that the longer you hold your fire the recoil will increase as you hold it. In my opinion this recoil system is very unsatisfying as it doesn't give you the ability to manage the recoil consistently. Don't get me wrong, you can definitely learn the recoil and run around spraying, but it doesn't mean it's fun while doing it. I would like a more consistent form of recoil.
I would like to see a recoil that is constant, however the spray pattern should get worse over time. This means the longer you hold down your spray the recoil will add horizontal elements to it over time. This means you would be able to master a short consistent spray, but will disallow a consistency at longer spray times. This would allow players to feel a sense of mastery while not giving an insane amount of spray control to all 50 players.
2) Suppression Changes - In my opinion I believe suppression as a mechanic, doesn't achieve what it's meant to achieve.
Let me explain before you all jump at my throat. Suppression's intended mechanic is to be used as a tool in order to "pin" enemy players down. However, what we see has happened is suppression is a "side effect" rather than an actual mechanic. When I get into a fight in squad (and I like to think I know how to play the game) I don't ever think "hmm i'm gonna shoot at this guy to give him weapon sway in order to achieve a maneuver" instead what I think is " okay there is a guy, let me shoot at him.. oh **** he's shooting at me now my gun is swaying okay i'll keep spamming" It has become a side effect not a tool. it happens in 1v1 engagements, it happens through buildings and walls... it's a terribly implemented mechanic.
Now you may be wondering why I would I want to revert it? well it's pretty simple. in v9 when people were accurate due to less weapon sway and no suppression mechanic. People were terrifying to repeek especially with dead dead. You knew you were gonna get your head taken off if you peeked, and in my opinion that's the best "suppression" you can get. That fear knowing you were gonna get lasered if you peeked an enemy after you got revived or if you got hit before. Feeling the fact that the player on the other side was a good player and you could tell by the cadence of his shots. That natural fear was amazing and played well, and if you watch gameplay over the versions of v9-v15 you could see the transition from Accurate shooting to Spam shooting arm flailing nonsense.
So I believe just removing that effect will make the gun play much tighter and more fun in general, and with the reintroduction of dead dead it would be a nice compliment.
3) Single Fire Recoil - In my opinion I think this is a very simple fix, the devs want to add this "PiP" scope nonsense to "balance" optics and spam shooting, this is simply ridiculous and making a complicated solution to a simple problem.
Just add more vertical and horizontal recoil. PUBG does this great with how the Mini14 and SLR work. I would suggest just watching videos of how those two guns shoot (or go test it yourself) and see how nice it feels and see how spamming isn't valid due to the higher hori/vert recoils.
4) Stamina Change - I would suggest adding more stamina to the pool and removing the "move slower with less stamina"
Keep movement speed consistent, and disallow sprinting at 0 stamina. Increase stamina pool by at least 100%. This will make the movement much more consistent and less annoying as you have to stop go stop go stop go. I would rather it be more of "okay I have to move here, I am gonna use half my stamina getting there then I can think where to go next" I will allow a bit more planning rather than the stop go stop go or just straight "go with nostamina" meta.
5) QE Spam - once again the devs made a complicated solution to a simple problem.
Just make the lean slower everytime you lean just like crouch spam in CSGO. The fact that you can't regenerate stamina while crouch leaning is insane. I am being punished for playing patiently and holding a tight angle. It makes 0 sense and was one of the worst movement changes implemented.
Let me know your ideas!