ePrivacy and GPDR Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent Skip to content

Roadmap Update?

sneakylikeasneksneakylikeasnek Member Posts: 15 ★★

Can we please get a comprehensive roadmap update sometime soon? 3.0 was just changed to Q3/4 with no formal announcement, and the last time the non-trello roadmap was touched was February. It'd be nice to have these things stay current with each other, while also announcing further delays.

Comments

• sneakylikeasneksneakylikeasnek Member Posts: 15 ★★

Additionally, if V3 may not make it out the door until Q4 as a late estimate, why even keep Panasia on 2021, if according to Trello, they aren't even in development? Is that realistic?

• EcchiRevengeEcchiRevenge Member Posts: 127 ★★

Why bother looking at it when you know it's gonna get changed anyway?

Because new mechanics and gameplay changes have been added to it over time

• TarantulaTarantula LondonMember Posts: 2 Civilian

Agreed, the roadmap is in limbo, being updated and having articles removed without any explanation. Moving V3 to a 6 month window means that we can either expect new content in July or in December. If the plan as Jenny said is to improve transparency and communication with the community - This ain't it. Just purge it and put in what the plan is for the next two releases. A CONSERVATIVE estimation, better to under promise and overdeliver.

I don't know how or why games that use Squad as a Base, Post Scriptum and Beyond the Wire do better to communicate and keep their communities updated on upcoming content when they have a fraction of the player base. Where are the community managers and why cant they whip around to release a picture of a cap point from a new map every few weeks or a new weapon or a new vehicle and people would be satisfied. Instead, 0.

In part I'm sure the loud voices of reddit shouting fix bugs before releasing any new content have prevailed but still. Shouldn't this be someone's responsibility?

• PharanaitonPharanaiton belgiumMember Posts: 5

The Roadmap was good for a while, then it started to dwindle.

edited May 22

Apparently my post gets deleted when it reaches certain keywords.

PS -> dead, tied down by squad framework and beaten by HLL in most places.

BtW -> already almost-trilogy alternative(might be related to that keyword) for people who actually want ww1, doesn't matter enough, probably going to die anyway. (or you could say it was never truly alive in first place, since its average playercount never reached 1000 at release)

There's another unrelated game that was supposed to be based on squad framework, it ditched squad framework.

The thing is fixing bugs and releasing new content is done(or at least should be) by different people. Like most recent new content is all made by community modelers. (list of those weapons/vehicles might have triggered some kind of automatic censor)

That's assuming OWI still has modeler left working on squad. I expect there to be way too many technical problems in Squad that modelers have ran out of work to do long ago. OWI probably only has a guy to rig imported models to squad system(I sincerely hope it's not the same guy who did BMPs and T-62...), because you can find decent models for any of their upcoming content ready for purchase.

OWI is probably still gunning for that military contract while the game runs poorly due to being dependent on singlecore performance(and I doubt any military has the latest and greatest cpu).

So how about that improved communication going forward?

@fuzzheadtf I think the roadmap really needs some clarification. It was last updated nearly 6 months ago, with some things that are surely unachievable with the current timeframe still on it. I don't want the last promise of "increased communication" to just be a devblog, you need to set realistic expectations with your advertising.

edited August 18

That's because they don't know either with all the people who left OWI(you will find some names on discord that are no longer tagged as developer).