ePrivacy and GPDR Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent Skip to content

Unreal Engine - UnrealWild Plugin

Johnny_523Johnny_523 Member Posts: 4 Civilian

are there any plans to integrate the UnrealWild plugin into Squad? It sounds and looks so great.

For those who don't know about this plugin, just type e.g. UnrealWild into the search box on Youtube (I don't have permission to add links or anything to the post yet).

Best regards

Comments

• DesvergerDesverger Member Posts: 12 Civilian

Would depend on minimum and recommended hardware specs. I could imagine something that looks like that requiring a fairly decent rig to run and display.

• mebelmebel Member Posts: 11 Civilian

UnrealWild currently runs on Unreal Engine 4.26

And Squad runs on 4.23. Upgrade would be needed first.

• mebelmebel Member Posts: 11 Civilian

But I guess that would require a lot of work to combine UnrealWild with Squad. I'd say there are maaany other priorities.

• EcchiRevengeEcchiRevenge Member Posts: 127 ★★

Could this be the NEXT ARMA?

• GunslingerGunslinger Member Posts: 10 ★★

I mean... quick answer id say no...

Long answer: the amount of work that would need be to make this work would have owi bussy for over a years i guess with engine upgrade and implementation of the features from the plugin, then when you got it technically running you also want to make it a good game expierience so if you have 100 players maps shouldnt be to big or you walk 3 hours before first contact and the world needs to be pupulated and not just the very basic population that the plugin delivers. If you look at what the plugins brings you then you get nice geographic features with painted landscapes and a few (repeating) trees, if thats all you want for a squad mape ill make you an 8x8km map in a weekend :-D

So basically the work doesnt stop there its just begins there as you would need to set roads houses, shacks, farms, smaller assets like lightposts, powerlines and all that stuff otherwise the map will look empty AF.

ANd then at the very end you got the issue of gameplay! most newer squad maps are based around its POIs and those are setup in a ways that you have different approaches = open, concealed, covered to cater to different tactics of attacking the objective, ah and yea you need to create those POIs in the first place when you dont want to fight over 3 pine trees.

• TotalEclipseTotalEclipse Adelaide, AustraliaMember Posts: 1 Civilian

I have next to zero knowledge on how game development works, but wouldn't it be less "integrate the UnrealWild plugin into Squad" and more "completely rework most of Squad's systems to work with UnrealWild"?

It looks like something that the next ARMA could be, potentially, but without seeing how 50v50 gameplay performs in a network sense you can't really tell. Although it looks really cool, and I'll be checking it out a little further when I have time.