ePrivacy and GPDR Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent Skip to content

server-feedback: russian squad servers

Dani3lDani3l Germany/NetherlandsMember Posts: 57

russian squadleaders, please stop kicking players if they don't understand russian... Your russian squad servers often are the only servers with good ping (europe), good maps and that are not full, so the only servers to join to have fun. Please respect that english is an international language and that most squad players understand english better than russian.

Is this a "join a squad"-warning or what is it? https://i.postimg.cc/SNWFdyZd/ru1.jpg

and please translate this !bonus information, thanks. https://i.postimg.cc/W4zHBj7Q/ru2.jpg

Comments

• PuotekPuotek Member Posts: 25 ★★

It isn't something uncommon for servers in squad to allow only a certain language. There is always a few servers that are open for English players with good ping (EU). You should look for them. A good way to always see only the servers with good ping and English players is to favourite all servers with a decent ping that have “ENG” or “EU” in their name. This way you can turn on the only favourites filter in the server browser and sort by player amount. I would love to see a ping filter in game that would help this. As far as asking Russians to do something it is unlikely, even if they read this, that they will do anything about it since as a rule of thumb in squad, squad leaders kick for any reason they want and it is both a good thing and a bad thing. You just cant change the whole Russian player base sadly.

As far as good EU servers go that are nearly always live, you have quite a few but those that I recommend are:

Squad Europe

Project Awsome

Corrupted Infantry

Blood Bound

OWI also has a lot of server spotlights on their page joinsquad.com, you can check out good servers there, but more often than not all servers that have “ENG” in the name will be decent.

• Dani3lDani3l Germany/NetherlandsMember Posts: 57

A good way to always see only the servers with good ping and English players is to favourite all servers with a decent ping that have “ENG” or “EU” in their name.

Thanks for the idea, but there are only very few servers with ENG or EU in their name, which results into such a list where either all servers are full or have less than 42 players for example 😞

https://i.postimg.cc/jS8n22g5/euBLAH.jpg

(oh and don't get me started on the strange experience that players make when joining arabic or turkish squad-servers...)

• JulesBJulesB BelgiumMember Posts: 13

It is their server so they can decide the rules. That is how it goes. And Russia doesn't have the best result in the English proficiency index so you shouldn't expect Russians to speak or understand English.

I know that it is always hard to find a nearly full English EU server. I hope that OWI lets use chose or favorite servers or gives servers a tag for their Language/Region. but they have more important things to do than that.

But what is even more annoying is when Clans join English EU servers to form squads in different languages... or the servers that claim to be English + another language...

And Russia doesn't have the best result in the English proficiency index so you shouldn't expect Russians to speak or understand English.

I'm not expecting all Russians to speak english, but at least the squadleaders to understand the most basic english and to be able to say "ok", "yes", "no", "attack" and that's it basically.

But what is even more annoying is when Clans join English EU servers to form squads in different languages...

well as long as their squadleader communicates to other SLs in english, all is fine, right? Or have you more than once met clan-squadleaders with zero english capability? 😬

or the servers that claim to be English + another language...

why only "claim", what happened on such servers from your experience? 🤔

(from my experience, like 30-50% of russian Squad players understand most basic english and can even say a few english words!)

• PuotekPuotek Member Posts: 25 ★★

@DanielNL I know that it can be hard to find a nearly full EU server most of the time during the day. But generally there is always at least one EU server with a big queue usually and another one that is seeding or around 50 players. However after around 17 UTC there is usually quite a few servers. Even now when it is rather early there is a lot of EU servers that are live.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/612427653852692489/842405878908452914/unknown.png

As far as Arabic and Turkish squad servers go, I have played quite a lot on them, but I usually play with my clan most of the time so I don’t join public squads, however it shouldn’t be a problem to get at least half a squad of English speaking players usually, the only problem is that someone needs to squad lead.

• JulesBJulesB BelgiumMember Posts: 13

Yes, I had times where foreign language squads weren't speaking English in an English server.

You can't force people to speak another language or communicate in 2 languages at once simply because you joined their server. People choose to play on a server with a set language for a reason probably because they are monolingual or just not good enough or comfortable with it.

I have seen Russians speak English on English-speaking servers but that is what they are for I don't know what the situation is on Russian servers and I'm not going to ask it down there.

And when it comes to 2 language servers. They can't fill their server with one language so they place English in their title to get more players but most people don't fall for the trap. So I say "claim" because English is more like a secondary language on most of these servers.

edited October 22

Ok guys, watch out for player "JORI4CH" (occured on server [RU][A]), he (or his gunner "LORDINQUSITOR") kicks players from IFV for no reason... they don't understand concept of the "3-man-crew"-in-heavy-vehicles teamwork it seems. (JORI4CH https://steamcommunity.com/id/6368487/ ) [I got video proof and can send anyone who wants to see]

edited October 22

delete this post please, mistake

edited October 22

Oh and then they kick you for not being a russian squadleader... how are we supposed to play on russian servers if all squads are locked/full and we aren't allowed to be a squadleader? Oh cooome oooon...