ePrivacy and GPDR Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent Skip to content

Vehicles cooking off

RybecRybec CanadaMember Posts: 20 ★★

No links for references supporting a suggestion because I lack the points.

A feature that I've found lacking from details in Squad would be vehicles cooking off after being destroyed. There are many videos showing cooking off from enormous hellfire flames pouring out of a T72 or constant popping of rounds.

It brings a bit to the atmosphere following armor being destroyed.

Comments

• GeebusGeebus Member Posts: 62 ★★

I've always been a bit thrown off by this as well. The post destruction effects could certainly use a new look. The popping sound of burning rounds is something that should be added to every vehicle once it is destroyed.

• EcchiRevengeEcchiRevenge Member Posts: 127 ★★

It does do that in squad.

You actually need to hit ammorack.

• BahreinBahrein Republic of SerbiaMember Posts: 21 ★★

It was a good thing.For some reason i do not see it anymore in game.

I always was saying that explosions of an empty logi and a full logi cannot be the same.

• GeebusGeebus Member Posts: 62 ★★

I always was saying that explosions of an empty logi and a full logi cannot be the same.

I wouldn't mind the vehicle "death" effect being the same for simplicity, regardless of ammunition load. What really bothers me is that every logistics truck explosion is massive. I'd rather the "death" effect be much more gradual, a fire eventually engulfing the whole vehicle, as opposed to the vehicle exploding catastrophically as soon as the HP bar reaches zero.

I can certainly understand why the developers have chosen the current system. I'd assume that it is the simplest in terms of development as well as for gameplay ease of knowing that the vehicle is now dead. That said, there is a huge amount potential immersion there that the game is lacking. Just imagine having to worry about getting too close to that enemy vehicle you just RPG'd, out of fear of secondary explosions from rounds cooking off. Or even forget the effect having any effect on players, think of the environmental immersion that would come from hearing the "pop, pop, pop" of ammunition cooking off in the distance.

• RybecRybec CanadaMember Posts: 20 ★★

From experience in a game that has it, the ACE mod for Arma did this well. While Squad may want to avoid getting hurt from getting too close to a wreck (although I don't see why not), the minimum could be a suppression effect from the constant popping of rounds.

It brought another piece to the atmospheric puzzle.

• BahreinBahrein Republic of SerbiaMember Posts: 21 ★★

Both of your ideas are good and i like ;-)

However i dont know if suppresion effecs would be needed as i am not sure burrning bulets would actually have much power or walocity to make a suppression effect.I am wrong maybe.