Skip to content

Can we talk about the Logi Bug

Doctor HammerDoctor Hammer Member Posts: 23 ★★

Hello,

I am writing to get an understanding of why this logi bug or "supply" bug is still in the game? This bug has been in the game for what seems like 2 months or longer. It is absolutely game breaking.

Can a developer be kind enough to give me and the community an in depth response to what the hell is going on with this please?

Im unsure as to why the game is still being listed full price. The game is broken, are there steam agreements that keep track of the integrity of the product? Or qualifications you guys have to meet in order to keep a product on the store as full release/full price?

I'm only bringing this stuff up because I personally feel this bug has gone on for far too long.

Thanks,

Doc

Comments

• Tiger1zerobravoTiger1zerobravo Member Posts: 10 ★★

@Krispy tagging you as community manager of squad to get back on this question from the OWI Development team.

• DubsDubs New ZealandMember Posts: 12 Moderator

As there was no change to logistics code and network wise, it was just as much of a surprise to development team, as it was for the community when the issue popped up. The bug isn't a simple fix and has turned out to be quite complex and linked to other issues within the game.

There have been several fix attempts in internal builds, they haven't worked. But they are working hard on trying to fix the logi issue, as well new bugs on top of legacy issues.

There will be an announcement coming in the next few days, which will provide more information.

• PhoenixstormPhoenixstorm GermanyMember Posts: 18 ★★

I honestly wouldn't mind if the Logi system got a general overhaul. The bug would hopefully be history and never come back.

• An0nym0usAn0nym0us Member Posts: 27 ★★

The more I learn about Unreal Engine, the less I like it.

• internetzspacezshipzinternetzspacezshipz Member Posts: 5 Dev

Hahah, well, it does have its share of bugs, but that's just part of game development. No engine is perfect.

Personally, I think I prefer working in Unreal Engine over Unity, since at least UE has a more accessible codebase.

• =CDN= Wehmann=CDN= Wehmann Member Posts: 1 Civilian

Need to overhaul the entire Logistics system and return to the tried and true "Crate System" For Logi trucks and Helicopters. And universal ammo crates from jeeps/APCS and other applicable vehicles with ammo capacity should drop from those vehicles as well. Its a better system for countless reasons including tactics, randomness and immersion and Project Reality easily presents this.

• Doctor HammerDoctor Hammer Member Posts: 23 ★★

Hey!

I appreciate the update and transparency.

Cheers,

Doc

• PhoenixstormPhoenixstorm GermanyMember Posts: 18 ★★

I would like to discuss this but since it has nothing to do with the logi bug it would be off-topic and better off in its own topic. . I had also thought about starting a new topic about it but so far I have not found the time and energy to express it nicely formal.

• CR8ZCR8Z Member Posts: 13 ★★

I do kind of miss the crate system from PR. You could drop supplies, with or without a HAB, (or FOB), and one could be created later.

Perhaps a fix could be if no radio is present, you can drop a construction and/or ammo crate, and if a radio is present, the supplies go directly into the radio?

Or, if a crate is already present, additional supplies dropped simply go into the existing crate that was dropped previously?

I'm not sure what the logi bug is in this iteration, but I know math is hard and ya'll are doing your best. Thanks for putting in the time!

• DaydreamerDaydreamer Member Posts: 3 Civilian

Good to hear that, thank you. Is there a workaround that players can use at the moment to lower the chances of the bug to occure?

I heard some clan mates tell everybody that chances will be lower if the squad is not opened until all vehicles are loaded / spawned. But I can tell from first hand experience that doesn't work. Any other help you can offer?

Thanks, Daydreamer

• DubsDubs New ZealandMember Posts: 12 Moderator