Skip to content

Your favorite infantry kit

Tiger1zerobravoTiger1zerobravo Member Posts: 10 ★★

What is your favorite kit on the battlefield of SQUAD and why?

Comments

• soraflairsoraflair Member Posts: 34 ★★

I know it's not popular but Marksman is always fun to play when you're with a well coordinated squad, but mainly because of the stabilization aspect, same with machine gunner.

• XXPX1XXPX1 Member Posts: 34 ★★

Russian LAT/HAT with the RPGv2 because nothing is as satisfying as using that scope to range and hit a vehicle. Plus the fragmentation rounds are always an added bonus.

The NLAW is a contender though, if I had more opportunities to play and master the PLOS.

• Tiger1zerobravoTiger1zerobravo Member Posts: 10 ★★

Rifleman. Grenades, extra ammo, assault rifle. Good to go!

• ThiagolpvThiagolpv Member Posts: 22

HAT, Crewman, HMG, Medic and SL.

• ArdurasArduras Member Posts: 3 Civilian

Honestly base rifleman or medic, everything else is lacking too much, or is only allowed 2 for the entire team which for slow on-foot infantry in most situations can feel pretty pointless. It's pretty nice playing HAT though when you're using a conventional faction. Russians finally have a HAT with range. The AT with 2 tandems will always be the golden standard though.

• RybecRybec CanadaMember Posts: 8

HAT for sure. When an IFV or even an MBT gets cocky and decides to get a little too close, slamming it with some tandem rockets from a couple hundred meters out feels great. Even better when a helicopter with a bunch of guys picks the wrong place to land.

Grenadier would be a close second, particularly on urban maps. People often feel safe when backing away from a window of a building. When you get the hang of guessing range for the grenades you turn their cover into the very thing that gets them killed with splash damage.

• CR8ZCR8Z Member Posts: 5

For me, a perfect 5 man squad is SL, Medic, Rifleman, Engineer, AT.

Personally, I like playing the engineer kit. You can drop mines, drop bombs, build twice as fast, and drop your own defensive emplacements. If you tag an engi as a FTL, he can stay behind and build a superfob while the rest of the squad moves up.

I do wish the engi could also build HMGs, mortars, etc. if he is an FTL in the squad.

• An0nym0usAn0nym0us Member Posts: 27 ★★

I don't have a favorite kit. I love them all in certain situations, hate some of them in others. I will say the one I play most is the SL with optics, though that's more a result of me stepping up in pubs than anything else; I hate when people take their sweet time growing the cajones to form a squad. SL'ing is great fun, but I take breaks. There's no need to get burnt out on a video game lol

• 999_Seth999_Seth Member Posts: 1 Civilian

I always ask someone to grab the Combat Engineer kit when I'm SL on an invasion layer.

My favorite thing to do is to run armor with a CE for mine-laying, vehicle repair, and building on radios from heli-drops.

On Skorpo Invasion V1 we often flip the BMP1 and get the CE to take it out with 30-second charges.

It's hilarious - the Stryker is so fast that I can usually drive up to underneath (or is it arming distance?) the BMP1's turret and then it's a matter of sumo-wrestling until one of us ends up in the water or on our back. This never gets old for me, and the CE-kit is what makes it possible.

• An0nym0usAn0nym0us Member Posts: 27 ★★
  • Tiger1zerobravoTiger1zerobravo Member Posts: 10 ★★

Good responses so far. Lets get some more replies!

• PharanaitonPharanaiton belgiumMember Posts: 3 Civilian

RPK Baby!