Skip to content

Tired of the ticket bleed system.

3S_Moe3S_Moe Member Posts: 18

I am SOOOO tired of the ticket bleed system. If you get overrun early, and the ticket bleed system kicks in, you are screwed and seldom recover. I've been in games where we got overrun hard right away because the server just turned over SL's from a previous game and people are getting their bearings as new SL's again, but then we start to come back for an enjoyable game but the ticket bleed just destroys us to quick and we couldn't recover. I feel like the ticket bleed system is almost like a 3rd enemy in the game and it really ruins the game for me. I have found that if your tickets get down to around 150 left, and if you are losing 1 ticket a minute due to the ticket bleed, that the game is basically over. If you get pushed back hard and are down in the 200 tickets left and losing 2 tickets a minute, the game is over. If you have 400 tickets left because you just got smacked and you get the dread 60 tickets a minute, the game is just flat out over even though this means you can spawn at your base and actually try to recover the first point back. It ends up being a game where you are only really fighting over three points, because once the other team gets two capture points ahead of you, the game is basically over as the ticket bleed kicks in. I don't even understand why you have a -60 ticket bleed for the last point? Like, why even have the last point then? You can't recover at 60 tickets a minute, so nobody even tries any more. The game goes from "we're being overrun" to "oh well boys, not even worth trying even though we have 400 tickets left."

I realize the ticket bleed system was designed to prevent a meet grinder of a game, but I find it annoying and ruins the game for me. The idea of "getting the game over with" because the other side has supposedly so overwhelmed the enemy is just dumb. Even when the ticket bleed has been 2 tickets a minute, and we still have 30 tickets left, you still get people trying to recover because they honestly don't want the game to end. It is rare to get a game over 30 minutes with the ticket bleed, even though it's those longer games that biggest celebrations comes from (or feelings like you almost had it when it's a loss.) They days of the tough comeback are few and far between now.

Please consider modifying the ticket bleed or eliminating it. If you MUST keep the ticket bleed, implement something where it doesn't kick in until after like 40 minutes of game play or something. And ditch the 60 minutes, that's just insulting.

Comments

• XXPX1XXPX1 Member Posts: 34 ★★

Without ticket bleed, why would anyone play the objectives at all? The ticket bleed concept is kind of integral to the AAS game mode.

The ticket bleed ensures that one team doesn't try to run out the two hour clock and preserve tickets. Before the mercy bleed was implemented, there were games that lasted the entire two hours with one team being boxed into their main.

You had to throw yourself at the enemy to waste the tickets in hopes that the game would end before the server population died.

Consider this: Most games only last roughly an hour so if you had a -1 ticket bleed the entire game, you would only lose 60 of the initial 200 tickets in the round. That's just 30% of the tickets with a pretty bold premise in place. In reality, there is some back and forth (which gives the team more tickets to burn).

Ticket bleed really isn't the end of the world. I really wish we had more information at the end of the game of where tickets were spent, but I reckon that vehicles and FOBs are more costly than ticket bleed on an average game.

Keep in mind when one of those abandoned FOBs are taken out by the enemy sapper/engineer, that's 10 tickets. 10 tickets on ticket bleed is like 15% of the round's time.

No matter how you look at it. Ticket bleed just isn't that impactful.

Now, as I mentioned in your other thread, I would be 100% support of you making a modded version of (R)AAS that doesn't have ticket bleed. I wish OWI made it easier for you to keep your server populated and didn't give some mods special treatment.

• 3S_Moe3S_Moe Member Posts: 18

Sorry, I just don't see it that way. I think the way Squad USED TO BE was like that, but as they have added things in over the years with choppers, more armor, etc. I don't think removing the ticket bleed would be that same way any more. I think the side that is "winning" would end up putting down even more fobs and taking over and you wouldn't end up in those 2 hr games. I think you would end up with a game in which the side that was losing actually has a chance to come back, whereas that never really happens any more.

• XXPX1XXPX1 Member Posts: 34 ★★

There's no chance of coming back if everyone on the team leaves.

Being boxed into Main is not fun. That is why there is the 1 ticket per second mercy bleed.

I think the side that is "winning" would end up putting down even more fobs and taking over and you wouldn't end up in those 2 hr games.

Putting down FOBs doesn't win the game. You can only kill enemies as fast as they spawn and that is the only thing that would win the game if you removed ticket bleed.

I think the way Squad USED TO BE was like that, but as they have added things in over the years with choppers, more armor, etc. I don't think removing the ticket bleed would be that same way any more.

This doesn't make any sense.

1. In the past, armor was more valuable than it is now. BTR-80s were worth 30 tickets and tanks are only 15 tickets. Source: A7. FOBs were worth 20-30 tickets depending on the patch and are now only worth 10 tickets. HMMVW was worth 16 tickets and an MRAP is now 5 tickets.
    2. Vehicle components did not exist, this means vehicles were usually outright destroyed whereas today they are disabled to some capacity. Disabled vehicles either limp back to Main or a repair station or are auto destroyed after 20 minutes.
    3. The armor respawns have gotten a lot longer. Those 16-30 ticket assets used to respawn every 6 minutes (or 3 for transports & logis). Now you can be waiting up to 15 minutes for a vehicle respawn.
    4. Maps have gotten a lot bigger and the new assets (IFVs and Tanks) are slower! It takes a good amount of time just to get them into the fight.

All and all, I'm saying that the addition of tanks, IFVs and helicopters won't ensure games end before the 2 hour mark. In fact, I've regularly seen games go an hour and half (with the ticket bleed system in place). There is also the maps & layers that don't feature these new assets.

I'm sorry, I just cannot be supportive of this change. So we might have to agree to disagree on this one.

I am 100% supportive of the ability for you to do this via a mod and run a server with this custom AAS game mode but I do not want this in the base version of Squad.

• 3S_Moe3S_Moe Member Posts: 18

I'm sorry, I just cannot be supportive of this change. So we might have to agree to disagree on this one.

Agreed, we disagree, which is totally okay.

I am 100% supportive of the ability for you to do this via a mod and run a server with this custom AAS game mode but I do not want this in the base version of Squad.

I also agree that I'd like the opportunity to play on servers that do not have the ticket bleed system in them while there are also servers that have them, but as I had stated over on the other thread, I don't want this via a mod; I would prefer to see sever side controls allowed in the base game versus handling it as a mod (which I know you disagree with as well.)

• Doctor HammerDoctor Hammer Member Posts: 12 ★★

The ticket bleed is extremely minimal, if you have -1 ticket bleed which can only theoretically start at around 10 minutes into the game which means by the 60 minute mark you have lost 50 tickets. If you recapture a center flag at the 60 minute mark you are +10 tickets due to a 70 ticket swing. So I am unsure of what you are unhappy about? Even if you were sitting at -2 for 30 minutes you would be net positive after a flag flip.

ticket bleed is fine the way it is. If you are fighting off -1 for 50 minutes then you should probably be losing.