Skip to content

OWI, please release a statement on the drastic reduction of TOW-MRAPs on so many layers

DanielNLDanielNL Germany/NetherlandsMember Posts: 4 Civilian

In a recent patch, some OWI mappers removed TOW MRAPs from quite a lot of layers. Please state why you did so, OWI, that MRAP is one of the most fun vehicles in Squad.

Comments

• GeebusGeebus Member Posts: 24 ★★

I'm convinced that the CROW's M-ATV doesn't exist.

• XXPX1XXPX1 Member Posts: 30 ★★

I would assume it's because the real Oshkosh M-ATV never really saw a TOW variant.

The TOW variant is listed on the wikipedia. Here is an article about the TOW variant and here is one on the waybackmachine and here is a photo of it on the showroom floor. But that's all there is; if anyone has more information or pictures of it, I'd love to read/see them.

As far as I know, it was a prototype variant that never made it pass that stage.

And for those interested, there is also a single photo of a MILAN ATGM mounted on M-ATVs by the Saudi's, according to wikipedia.

I'm convinced that the CROW's M-ATV doesn't exist.

I was just gunning one last night for @ChrisJ on Narva (US vs RUS)

• TheInvincibleAceTheInvincibleAce Member Posts: 3 Civilian

As far as I know TOWraps were a casualty of the spandrel, the spandrel is quite frankly, OP compared to the other nation's equivalents, so they removed them from a lot of layers.

I've fairly regularly 1 manned spandrels and ambushed and killed pairs of enemy tanks, this is next to impossible with the TOWrap due to it's lower rate of fire and the exposed gunner.

• Doctor HammerDoctor Hammer Member Posts: 11 ★★

They removed it because of balance, vehicles were too strong and ruined gameplay.