Skip to content

Tool Tip for Fireteam Leaders and Fortifications

GeebusGeebus Member Posts: 27 ★★

When I mention to my fireteam leads that they can build sandbags and razor wire, almost none of them have ever heard that they can. It is usually a surprise. "Wow. I didn't know I could do that!"

There really ought to be a pop-up for when a person is promoted to fireteam leader showing that they now have the ability to construct FOB fortification.

Tagged:

Comments

• XXPX1XXPX1 Member Posts: 34 ★★
    edited April 30

Also, use your arrow keys to rotate structures.

Don't jump around trying to get in weird angles just to position your structures.

I personally don't think it should be shoved in your face; it's kind of the player's responsibility to do the tutorial and learn the game. Now, if it's not covered in the tutorial, that's something that should be addressed. (I'll admit, I've never done the tutorial, lol)

But I would imagine someone who is unaware of this would notice structures on their T radial menu.

• GeebusGeebus Member Posts: 27 ★★

I personally don't think it should be shoved in your face;

If you didn't want to see it, it would be a simple as toggling off the pop-up like with any of the other tool tips.

it's kind of the player's responsibility to do the tutorial and learn the game. Now, if it's not covered in the tutorial, that's something that should be addressed. (I'll admit, I've never done the tutorial, lol)

You might be over estimating the level of awareness of most players. Lets face it, some folks would be hard pressed to pour water out of a boot if the instructions were printed on the heel. . . That said, the people who want to learn will go out of their way to learn. Those who don't simply won't. This is really geared towards hopefully making people aware of this ability. It has been since late September of last year and still, most people that I tell about this are completely unaware. I've only had one kick-**** combat engineer that wanted me to promote him to FTL just for this task. Only one guy!

But I would imagine someone who is unaware of this would notice structures on their T radial menu.

I'd like to think the same as well but I have no idea why nobody knows about it. Maybe people just make their fireteam marks by right clicking on the map? I know that most of the time when I am not squad leading myself, I've noticed that most SL's never promote people to fireteam leaders unless they ask to be. Maybe most people just never get promoted? Maybe they are unaware due to lack of experience? Who knows.

• soraflairsoraflair Member Posts: 34 ★★

1000+ hours on squad, but I didn't recall that you could rotate deployables by using the arrow keys.

Tips are already in the game, this is a great idea to utilize an exiting feature. Just literally add the text that FTLs can place select assets inside of fobs.

• MunsterMunster Member Posts: 15 ★★

Great tip! I wish we had tutorials for fireteam leads and all roles. I would love to learn all these tips offline and then be able to use them online. And if tutorials are too much work for the dev team, then please add pop ups on the screen that call the most important stuff out.

• koschileinkoschilein SpaceMember Posts: 5 ★★
    edited May 3

This would be a good tip for sure.

I still hope we see a kind of "basic" commander / squad lead / fire team lead tutorial some day to teach the basics.

I personally don't think it should be shoved in your face;

If you didn't want to see it, it would be a simple as toggling off the pop-up like with any of the other tool tips.

it's kind of the player's responsibility to do the tutorial and learn the game. Now, if it's not covered in the tutorial, that's something that should be addressed. (I'll admit, I've never done the tutorial, lol)

You might be over estimating the level of awareness of most players. Lets face it, some folks would be hard pressed to pour water out of a boot if the instructions were printed on the heel. . . That said, the people who want to learn will go out of their way to learn. Those who don't simply won't. This is really geared towards hopefully making people aware of this ability. It has been since late September of last year and still, most people that I tell about this are completely unaware. I've only had one kick-**** combat engineer that wanted me to promote him to FTL just for this task. Only one guy!

I'd like to think the same as well but I have no idea why nobody knows about it. Maybe people just make their fireteam marks by right clicking on the map? I know that most of the time when I am not squad leading myself, I've noticed that most SL's never promote people to fireteam leaders unless they ask to be. Maybe most people just never get promoted? Maybe they are unaware due to lack of experience? Who knows.

edited May 4

Always nice when you start double posting for no apparent reason. I'd appreciate if a mod could delete that doubled post.