Skip to content

Radio Proximity Awareness

soraflairsoraflair Member Posts: 30 ★★

Simple suggestion, for reference I believe Insurgency Sandstrorm does this.

When you key up on the radio, and the person is near you, they will also transmit in local.

This could be achieved by simply broadcasting at a smaller radious to local, at a lower volume. (50%)

This would allow people to have "orientation" of communications over the radio, and improve immersion. If my buddy next to me is speaking into their radio, I should be able to hear them. (In most circumstances, if he is speaking at normal volume.)

Would be very cool, to hear a SL talk over command coms, but not hear the response back from the command radio line.

Comments

• soraflairsoraflair Member Posts: 30 ★★

(Ugh, I can't edit my post and fix the typos, sorry all)

• GeebusGeebus Member Posts: 24 ★★

I'd really enjoy seeing something like this. Even if we weren't gonna get to hear somebody talking on one of the other channels, I'd really like to see talking on the squad channel get the same treatment as talking on the command channel did. Maybe it could be something as simple as the person talking on the squad channel would put their hand on their PC like they are pressing a PTT button rather than putting their hand to their ear like we have with command chat.

Little details like this go a long way.

• Titan84Titan84 Member Posts: 6 Civilian

Yes +1 for imersion... and maybe some will realise how near they are to each other and use local instead of clutering the radiocoms.

And you would hear when your squadleader is talking on comadcoms und hopefully shut up.

They added the little detail that the mouth is moving when someony is talking, but if you dont hear them say anything its more an imersionbreaker than a helper.

• RybecRybec CanadaMember Posts: 7 Civilian

Regarding the squad leader part, it was nice when they added in the animation of him touching his ear to show he's speaking. Insurgency's method would be cool.