Skip to content

radio communication proposal

SantiniSantini Member Posts: 1 Civilian

communication proposal ..

-To reduce the communication stress of the SL, which makes few people want to be SL.

-separate the communications of FT's that go separately in the strategies and assault ... also among them the squads that have a section in vehicle and the rest infantry ... that communications would not be stepped on since the vehicle is assigned to a FT.

- there would be no more than reassigning the communications without adding keys

commander

"g" to talk to the SL.

"b" speak to your own squad.

local "v"

and communications by numpad

SL

"g" to speak to the commander

"b" to speak with your FT's or in case of not existing with your squad.

local "v"

and communications by numpad

FT

"g" to talk to SL

"b" members of your FT

local "v"

soldiers

"b" talk to your all your FT or your Squad in case you are not inside a FT.

local "v"

Comments

• XXPX1XXPX1 Member Posts: 30 ★★
    edited April 29

Fire teams can just use local chat.

SLs should be able to talk directly to their squad members. I'm definitely against any idea that doesn't let the SL communicate with their squad members.

I think these changes just makes it more confusing and obstructs communication with no real gain.

• PhoenixstormPhoenixstorm GermanyMember Posts: 9 ★★

I'm not sure, on the one hand, the SL should be able to order all his people at any time but on the other hand, it would make the game minimally slower which would be good. But I think the change would have more negative effects than positive.

However, I see a lot of benefit in slightly expanding the system.

That FT-Leader and FT-Squadmember get another button for voice communication (e.g. Num 0).

That everyone can talk as usual in the squad chat but that you have the possibility to minimize the general clutter in the voice chat by using for example the FT-Charlie chat to not disturb / indirectly stress your teammates because they already have enough on their ears.

That SL and FTL talk directly I think is not very useful because if the SL says "Chalie, go to the West and observe" the FTL does not have to repeat it and everyone knows immediately what their task is and that the boss has ordered it.

• GeebusGeebus Member Posts: 25 ★★

There is no reason for a fireteam channel. Fireteams should never be operating independent enough from the rest of the squad to necessitate their own channel. Any information that is important enough to be transmitted over the fireteam channel should be important enough for the rest of the squad to hear as well. If the fireteam needs to be able to communicate information that is only valuable to the other fireteam members then they should do so in local. They ought to be close enough for that anyways.

The only place where there might be room for an additional channel would be for a vehicle intercom, but even then, local chat is more than sufficient for the task.

If you are getting overwhelmed by all the communications, start telling people to quiet down. If the command channel is getting too noisy, encourage the other SL's to use direct comms with the other SL's for unimportant communications. If it is your squad that is being too loud, just ask them to clear comms for a minute or otherwise encourage them to use local chat as much as they can.

• XXPX1XXPX1 Member Posts: 30 ★★
    edited April 30

Any information that is important enough to be transmitted over the fireteam channel should be important enough for the rest of the squad to hear as well.

This. Couldn't have said it better myself.

If you are getting overwhelmed by all the communications...

Geebus has great points, but also remember you can tweak your settings so command chat goes to one ear and squad chatter goes to the other. You can also tweak the volume of each chat to give priority to one or the other.

Now, I do wish there were key binds available to change the volume of local/squad/command chat on the fly in increments of 5%. It would be nice to turn down squad chatter to focus on comm chatter and vice versa.