ePrivacy and GPDR Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent Skip to content

Being silenced over redress of issues with [EGC] server.

SebastardSebastard Member Posts: 2 Civilian
edited October 20 in Game Support

I have been playing [EGC] server for sometime, and have noticed a trend of cheating issues on their server. They hold the top of the menu for a lot of players, and have become quite popular. I only wish to help them keep their integrity. I have tried to go through the proper channels to address my grievances but have been met by hostility and was kicked from their Discord. My only cause is to bring attention to possible cheating on a server to preserve the integrity of Squad. Squad is a great game, when played fairly. I feel like I'm being dismissed and marginalized by an ORG whom doesn't care about the voices on their server. It's very disappointing, as I said earlier, they are at the top of list of servers on the menu. I demand some accountability to this behavior, and wont stop trying to bring awareness to this problem until addressed.

Comments

• EcchiRevengeEcchiRevenge Member Posts: 487 ★★
    edited October 17

Squad is pay2win, you can do whatever you want like abusing admincam if you pay for server and pay to get it seeded. (alternatively pay to ddos other servers so your server is the only one that's up)

Sometimes cheaters are friends with admin or are admins under different account.

• SebastardSebastard Member Posts: 2 Civilian

I believe it. The bigger any organization becomes, the more corrupt it becomes.

• DubsDubs New ZealandMember Posts: 22 Moderator
    edited October 20

The forum is not a place to air out dirty laundry, nor is it a place to spread misinformation in how things are handled by OWI. If you wish to report a server of breaching hosting guidelines, please report one of two ways, either creating a ticket in the hosting discord, or filling out this form here, with valid proof.

Hosting discord : https://discord.gg/VmUwR7J

Report form : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfQGaZbhpX1RkV2ZXq2S13AYYTurU_hlh-6aGpKb6W5j4_mxg/viewform

• EcchiRevengeEcchiRevenge Member Posts: 487 ★★
    edited October 19

Not misinformation at all.

Even if server license is revoked; the act of abuse was done. Just like how even if you ban the cheater/griefer; you haven't gone back in time to erase the fact that they already ruined games.

Not to mention you have no idea where admincam is unless you're hacking yourself(best you can do as teammate is you see admin disappear from minimap, such as when they fly up to spot enemy vehicles while in a vehicle of their own). 99% of time the excuse will be "I was just checking to see if there are cheaters." There will be no investigation because you know you can't prove their intent. It's far easier to hide/make excuse for the abuse than even notice, let alone prove the abuse.

I'm not pointing fingers at any particular server admin from any particular country. I'm just telling people what I've seen over the years. One of such abuse was caught pretty recently.

This discussion has been closed.