ePrivacy and GPDR Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent Skip to content

VOIP - Proximity Chat

PixelatedPixelated Member Posts: 6 Civilian

Hello.

While playing I find it to be very hard to find enemy players. The immersion on all fronts is great. Footsteps is great, and all of it.

However, there is one small implementation I would like to see.

When a person is talking, you can hear nothing when they are conversing with eachother. A great way to solve that is to all everyone to hear everyone locally. That is my solution initially. That isn't a great idea.

So, I thought about it and realized if you create a dialog so when the enemies are close and they are talking locally, it would be like when you are picking up a medic and hearing a recording instead.

Because of spatialization, when you are in proximity of an enemy player you can hear only whispers. If you are far away from players, you can hear normal talking. If you are in a battle and gunshots are active you hear yelling. All this, but only when the enemy team is talking in local chat. NOT squad comms.

Thoughts?

Comments

• PhoenixstormPhoenixstorm GermanyMember Posts: 31 ★★

The last part makes no sense to me, and the rest got discussed ~7 years ago.

Anything that would affect that you can somehow hear, feel, or know that enemys are around because they used the local voip would end the mark of local voip. After some long forth and back dicussion it was decided to stay like this.

• RackEmUp187RackEmUp187 Member Posts: 87 ★★

I would say it would be okay for proximity chat to be allowed or enabled in mods, such as the zbie Squad Z mod. It would be fun to listen to the enemy team while being chased.

Certain mods should allow this.

• PhoenixstormPhoenixstorm GermanyMember Posts: 31 ★★

SquadZ would be a good spot for that feature, and would add to the chaos. But even there I'm afraid that someone would abuse this to cover their steps with loud music in proxy chat.