ePrivacy and GPDR Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent Skip to content

My tinnitus may have gotten worse

McLootusMcLootus Member Posts: 6 Civilian

I've noticed my tinnitus more since after I started piloting helis with headphones (particularly the UH1 with it's high pitched cockpit sound). I dont know if it's the reason, but y'all should look over the audiolevels somewhat. Immersion is one thing, but maybe add some sort of filter for people who's hearing is less than optimal.

As it is right now I have to go into the menu and lower the effect volume to 30% when I'm piloting, and then up to 100 when I'm playing normally. Would be nice if there was a quicker way to do this, maybe add a hotkey to switch between different audio levels. If it needs to be immersive, maybe add an animation where your character puts in earplugs or something.

And to those of you who dont have tinnitus: Take care of your ears kids. buy yourselves a package of earplugs every now and then, and dont get used to listening to your music on high volume for extended periods of time.

Cheers.

Comments

• Oldskoo1Oldskoo1 Member Posts: 3 Civilian

I have tinnitus too and agree with this.

Do check what Ohms your headphones are. Try to make sure you have some in the region of 80ohm. 40 absolute minimum otherwise you get hissing which is terrible for my tinnitus.