ePrivacy and GPDR Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent Skip to content

New squad list UI element. Anyone else hate it?

DeeBeeDeeBee Member Posts: 1 Civilian

The purpose of this thread is find out what players think about the new UI squad list element.

Personally I hate it. It does not give me any information I need, breaks immersion and takes space on my screen. It is imho the worst addition to squad ever.

Anyone else want it removed?

Comments

• 3S_Moe3S_Moe Member Posts: 115 ★★

I like it.

• Shadow_BugShadow_Bug Member Posts: 15 Civilian

i like it so far

• EcchiRevengeEcchiRevenge Member Posts: 487 ★★

It's worthless bloat on UI.

Squad was supposed to have minimalist UI.

The game mode/description slapped in your face when you join a faction is even worse, though. Anyone who needs to see it shouldn't be playing on live server, anyone who don't need to see it are only annoyed by it.

• PhoenixstormPhoenixstorm GermanyMember Posts: 31 ★★

I have mixed feelings about it, sure it looks nice but which part of the UI component do you dislike specific and why?

You would have no advantage if it were hidden, so you could ask if you could switch it off optionally.

Just saying you hate it doesn't help.

• sudssuds gameplay 5:3 realismMember Posts: 13 Civilian

I thought about it the other day...It is unobtrusive.

There is a problem with it in the other UI. Eg the spawn screen you cannot see who is talking.

Although perhaps the speaker icon is moved...i didnt notice it.

• 3S_Moe3S_Moe Member Posts: 115 ★★

Even though I like it, I 100% support having the ability to turn it off. Not sure why in the world we can have more flexibility so you can have the screen the way you like it.

• GeebusGeebus Member Posts: 142 ★★

Yep, I find zero use for it. Like others have said its just bloat. If I need to see that information then I'd much rather go to the deployment screen like we've done for years rather than have something on my HUD.

• NagibatorNagibator Member Posts: 9 Civilian

I agree. I can see the same list of players by pressing the TAB key. I would add a function to the TAB list so that when the list is shown for the first time, it automatically shifts and my squad is immediately displayed on the screen. At the moment, if you click TAB, you have to move the list with the mouse wheel and this needs to be fixed.

• SloanSloan PRTA Lead Member Posts: 45 ★★

I turn it off and forget about it every time. Would be nice to have an option to just permanently turn it off.

• sudo -bsudo -b Member Posts: 3 Civilian
    edited October 15

I like it so far,

• PanternPantern Member Posts: 6 Civilian
    edited November 2

I don't understand why they decided to add it in the first place. As stated above, Squad is supposed to have as few things on the HUD as possible. Every update Squad get more and more casual, more things to hold your hand while you are playing, what's next, crosshairs on the HUD? 🙁

I never use it, if it stays it should off by default and something you need to activate in settings.

• RackEmUp187RackEmUp187 Member Posts: 87 ★★

Well if you read the patch notes, you would know that it was for a better way for Squad leaders to see which player has which kit and to see who is in your squad better without pressing the tab button.

I think they should give the option to permanently disable it, but you can remove it by setting a key binding. The only bad thing is you have to keep doing it every match.

• PhoenixstormPhoenixstorm GermanyMember Posts: 31 ★★

Pressing TAB is one thing but Squad is all about communication a short Medic, HAT down should be more than enough. Next thing is a Squad HP bar next to their names or what?