Lots of people know that there was no Update since 18.08.2021 called V2.11, which brought only not-optimized map Anvil and some very small changes.
OWI claim that they are working hard on "tech debt" cleaning to fix the base code of game and prepare it for future content. Unfortunately except this empty term there were never any informations/pictures or any kind of sign what it actually means to clean the tech debt.
I challange OWI, community manager and devs to improve communication as promised and prepare devblog about what was actually done since August 2021 in terms of "tech debt" cleaning .
I imagine this kind of devblog as in depth explanation of:
- What was actually done,
- What are the problems,
- What's the status of "tech debt" cleaning?
Maybe something more?
Since the beginning I claim that "tech debt" is just an empty, meaningless term to throw something to the public. Something that cannot be checked, asked, undermined.
I'm very curious about your reaction.
Prove me wrong!
This has been happening since I got my new computer. I have verified files, updated drivers, cleared cache, and reinstalled the game. After a few minutes it will crash and load up the UE4 crash reporter. Anything that might help?
An option that enables contour lines on every map would make strategic decisions easier and players who don't know the map very well would have more chance against experienced ones.
It can be difficult to discuss some things in commander radio, but there is the possibility to call squads directly, using the number block which of course ends with 9. However, on a full server there are usually more than 9 squads, so I would suggest adding the function so that squad leaders can also contact higher squad numbers directly. Here there is the option of either Shift + NUMPAD 1; 2; 3; 4 ... or NUMPAD 1 + NUMPAD 3 = 13 to contact squads that are higher than, 1 to 9.
My suggestion is to take the territory control hex concept and scale them down a bit to use as the capture zone for each objective, instead of one zone as the cap radius have the objective represented by 4 zones/hexes, w/ 3 out of 4 taken to begin flipping the point.
Currently the objective capture zones are just sort of random in size and scale, without a lot of transparency for anyone on whether they are in or out of the zone outside the little flag in the top right. The game needs a lot more transparency on the mechanics that win/lose games overall and this would help bridge that gap a bit.
The other downside to the current system is that you can have an enemy that occupies most of the objective, but on certain objectives you can "cheese" it by overloading one small part of the point.
This also helps with the cat herding a bit, if you've flipped 3 out of 4 points the objective will start to be captured without the need to yell at folks to stay on the point.
Hope everyone is well.
I thought I would start to put together a list of helpful hints for anyone interested in leading in Squad so they can get a head start. By no means is this an exhaustive list and I'm sure not all will agree on it.
- If you have a sizable squad play the active caps
- Where possible, don't put HABs directly on the Point
- Where possible, place two habs close to the Point
- Where possible, place three habs close to the Point (What I call the holy trinity :))
- Where possible, place radios (no HAB) down for the sole purpose of Helo resupplies in forwarding positions
- Use Rally Points to bridge the distance between the HAB and the Point
- When loading a Logie at main, the goldern loadout is 1800 build, and the rest ammo (Enough for three HABs)
- In the planning phase, mark your intentions on the Map for all other squads to see
- Put all squad members into FT A/B at the start so that they can promote each other to FT Lead
- If CO use the CAS asap when it becomes available if you can strike an enemy HAB and assist the attack.
Im interested to see other tips the community has.