Quick Update on the current status. Firstly, thank you for your patience, we know the Logistics Supply UI bug has been very frustrating for you, as it has been for us. These past few weeks have had our dev team deep dive into intensive debugging and many dead ends trying to find a resolution.
After the release of our v2.4.1 hotfix, we got new and frequent reports of players not being able to see the construction supplies in their vehicle. This affects Logistic Trucks and Helicopters alike. When this bug occurs, players are not able to load or unload construction supplies. This is happening on players’ “client side”, but often still happens to several players at once. While this bug is happening more frequently since v2.4.1, it is directly connected to the "Vehicle Passenger Seat sent back to spawn screen" bug and the "Vehicles missing turrets" bug. This bug usually happens to players upon round start and severely impacts gameplay due to it removing a player's ability to unload supplies from a Logistics Truck, often to the detriment of the squad / team at a critical moment.
We now have a promising fix attempt built and tested internally. From our testing, it seems to either resolve or at least significantly reduce this issue occurring. However, we are asking for your help to validate these results on full servers as well.
For those that can make the time, we would appreciate any and all players to join us on the Squad - Public Testing app to help us test the fix. We want to have as many players as possible playing with this build to more concretely determine whether it’s fully fixed, or still needs some more work.
Join us tomorrow on Saturday 8th May 18.00 UTC and Sunday 9th May at 18.00 UTC to playtest on our “OWI Playtest” servers. These servers will appear in the Custom server browser on the Squad - Public Testing app.
Additionally, other interesting things that are also included in this build are the Recovery State (aka “Dead Dead”) and new Double Tap Control Support, plus many other bug fixes and gameplay tweaks. A full list of changes will be posted once the update goes to the live public branch, as usual.
Thank you again for your patience and for helping us crush this issue, onwards and upwards!
I LOVE using razor wire, but I find it crazy that it costs as much build points as sand bags, and takes just as long to dig as sand bags. Isn't one (of the many) reasons that the military uses razor wire is due to it's cheap cost and rapid deployment? I mean, they have vehicles now that will literally go string a circle of razor wire around an area.
Razor wire, put out far from a FOB, can often help provide that protection you need to slow and kill the enemy at a distance before they get to your fob. The problem is, it takes SOOO much razor wire to do that (wayyyy more than sand bags,) the cost is high and it takes forever for the rifleman to dig it up!
Please consider halfing the cost of razor wire and halfing the build time of razor wire. I'd also love to see more razor wire options like you have with sandbags (maybe a longer version available or a curved option.)
[CI] Corrupted Infantry
We started as a group of friends who wanted to bring a better squad experience through communication and teamwork.
We are a casual new player community who loves to play squad and have fun together. Whether you are a brand new player or have hit the 1000+ hour club, everyone is welcome as long as you want to have fun or get involved with our scrims and events.
We have weekly community nights where we get on and play games together, whether that's Squad or some other game. We even get on cam and show our faces and have a laugh!
#1 [CI] Corrupted Infantry | New Player/Teamwork Friendly | ENG
#2 [CI] Corrupted Infantry | Invasion 24/7 | ENG
#3 [CI] Corrupted Infantry | Events Server
#4 [CI] Corrupted Infantry | Match and Training Server
Events- We host weekly events such as scripted events, new game modes, mod play throughs; such as new factions or maps and one life events!
We make our mods on the SDK meaning that anything is possible! With a dedicated Modding team, Events team, Training team, Recruitment Team and importantly a dedicated Admin Team (that is able to cover all time zones) we are able to accomodate all sorts of players and would love to see you on board!
We are actively recruiting, one of our Training Team will be able to help you in our Discord. As part of our recruitment program our Recruits go through a 'casual
See #join-ci on our Discord to join.
We are also aspiring Squad Competitive Players that are looking to bring those who are interested into a team looking to become one of the best!
I am writing to give my personal feedback on the current iteration of the game's meta. Squad when played at a competitive level is very meta focused, we have to learn and understand the meta in order to beat opponents.
Right now there are a few things that really bother me meta wise:
1) FOB Spam: The fact that a team has to build multiple FOBs in order to out spawn the opponent creating multiple angles of attacks without much penalty is very absurd. Half the time you find yourself fighting against FOBs rather than the actual objectives which makes the gameplay kind of silly, for example in the recent Doc's Office vs VAC game on Mestia, the game was played by destroying enemy FOBs around Crucible rather than playing over Crucible itself. This should signal that there is something inherently wrong with the way the game is being played. The fight should be over FLAGS not FOBs, I would suggest limiting the amount of FOBs to be placed on the map at one time by either increasing FOB range via 300 to 500 or 400 or just limiting the amount of fobs placed on a map at the same time in general, maybe the commander can have an ability to destroy a fob.
The game played much better when both teams had 2 - 3 FOBs maximum and infantry was much more focused rather than spread out and playing this "spawn management" game. This also played into SLs having to communicate with one another at the beginning of the game talking about fob placement more. Now SLs just go and place fobs wherever.
2) Mortar Spam: A personal hatred of mine, in competitive you are unable to place fobs anywhere, Teams are so astute now with mortars, if you put any FOB or HAB in the open, the opposing team will immediately mortar it. This forces you to essentially place all FOBs in buildings. Entire games are played with your screen shaking constantly and hearing BANG BANG BANG BANG in your ears ALL DAMN GAME. Something has to be done with this meta, Mortars being as strong as they are is something that can't continue to go on. They are simply too strong and limit teams ability to place FOBs in more places.
A couple of simple nerfs are this: Increase ammo cost, add over heat, decrease damage to HAB/Radio.
3) Power of Airstrike/UAV/Artillery: These things are simply really silly and overpowered, once again limiting FOB spots and causing the "counter mortar" meta. Teams CAN NOT place fobs in the open because of these abilities. Mortaring becomes a chess game of removing mortar tubes when UAV is up because of the opponent will actually counter mortar your mortars through UAV coordination. It's absolutely silly and over powered.
Suggestion: Remove Commander abilities that effect the other team through damage (add supportive abilities). Maybe add a supply drop ability. Change the way we get commander abilities rather than on a timer? the timer makes games seem very time based and kind of artificial rather than natural, the game seemed to have more integrity without commander abilities. Another suggestion would be to remove the ability for commanders to call in air strikes through UAV and require an SL to mark what he needs air struck, along with reducing the circle diameter that is generated when a call in is done on the map which would force an SL to get a very accurate mark down.
4) Heli Dominance/UAV: Helis are simply way way way too strong with fob spamming and gaining intel without much punishment, they need to be much weaker to small arms and have to have some kind of height based fob. Smart heli pilots can essentially fly without penalty and spot vehicles across map. A good example of this is on Yehorivka, if stepne is taken a good heli pilot can call out any logis that are pushing stepne on border of the map etc. making it virtually impossible to get an attack going. They need to be nerfed in some way shape or form. The exact nerf is very difficult to say to be honest.
5) Vehicle Tanky-ness/LAT spam: Vehicles need a massive balance change, What I have found is that Vehicle players are not having fun playing in them and Infantry are not having fun playing against them. you find that vehicles can do some things like sit on a hab and frag dump it while taking multiple lats, which in fact it should be that vics should not want to get any where close to an enemy spawn and instead play with their own infantry and shoot from a distance.
Suggestion: reduce the amount of LAT and HAT and increase the damage those kits do. Give vehicles Thermals and/or better optics (give them a 1x Zoom with thermal).
Conclusion: I think all these problems are very very important to be addressed in the next update and I hope to see some gameplay changes regarding these. These changes are relatively simple and I would love to see some of them tested.
Thanks for reading,